I Dont want items to drop...

Exuro.

Reaction score
hey again everyone

as title says i dont want my units to drop the items their carrying when they die...

ive tried all kinda settings but nothing.. i changed the Drop Item On Death - False, and even the items ive set to not be able to drop, but they still drop!

then i added a trigger:

Code:
Item Dropped
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Item - Pick every item in The Arena <gen> and do (Item - Remove (Picked item))

still no luck.. some items got removed i think, but not all..

Exuro.

Reaction score
ok ill try add a wait.. maybe its trying to destroy them before their even dropped hehe

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
change the data of the ability inventar, theres somewhere a data called "drops items upon dead" or something similar. set it to false.

Exuro.

Reaction score
alrdy done what you said accname, and the units do have Hero inventory! im gonna come back if it doesnt work in my next beta test with the wait in my trigger

TyrealFEAR

Reaction score
wait regular units not drop why
and it should be under onbject editor
"units name"
stats drops items on death [] True

Exuro.

Reaction score
The units is still dropping sadly...

I even tried this when they entered the arena:

Code:
Item Dropped
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Destroy items <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Destroy items <gen>) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Item - Make (Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot 1) Undroppable
                Item - Make (Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot 2) Undroppable
                Item - Make (Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot 3) Undroppable
                Item - Make (Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot 4) Undroppable
                Item - Make (Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot 5) Undroppable
                Item - Make (Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot 6) Undroppable

items still drop and is giving me a headache lol

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
could you please upload the map Oo i want to have a look at this... sounds kinda weird.

Exuro.

Reaction score
hmm kinda dont wan an unprotected version out even thou your trying to help m8!

This function cant be causing it can it?

Stats: Include As A Random Choice - True

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well actually the problem is that creeps dont even drop items. i cannot imagine why your creeps are dropping items exept you've got some kind of strange trigger you dont even know yourself which creates items or something like that.

if you dont want to upload your unprotected map you could copy it and delete all triggers and units exept the ones needed to solve this problem.

Exuro.

Reaction score
hmm well i hardly got that many triggers in the map!

all my triggers is non-item related!

think i should give this trigger a try ?

Code:
Item Dropped
    Events
        Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Item - Pick every item in Destroy items <gen> and do (Item - Remove (Picked item))

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
no. heroes dont drop items either or have you ever noticed that you lost all your items after your hero died?
all units do only drop items if you add an item-table to them in the world editor, you create a trigger for it, or you change the inventory ability to drop the items upon death.
well could you explain what items are dropped? do the creeps drop the items they have got in their inventory?

Exuro.

Reaction score
well you train a unit, then i have different item shops with items that have abilites.. then they go into an arena and fight and if they die they drop items..

in the tests ive had only some units dropped items but not sure if its the same ones.. but a few are.. i checked all stats on all my units and their all the same.. so its kinda funky

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
check all your items, i think there's a data for dropping too.

Exuro.

Reaction score
ye that data is called:

Stats: Dropped When Carrier Dies

and its set to False on all items

Exuro.

Reaction score
that last trigger i pasted is working.. all items are getting destroyed now.. thou you get to see the items for a very short moment..

will the trigger leak or lagg if i set it to run every 0.1 second..?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.