I have a few problems

xlukee

Reaction score
hi everyone, im new to these forums i was jsuting hoping if any could help me out with 2 problems im having.

1. im making an rpg/DotA style map, i had a few characters ready for testing, then a realised i forgot all about items. so i created a few potions and some weopens, and i created the unit i was going to use for the shop. so far so good. i scrolled down to the ' - Items Sold' and i filled that in. but when i start up the game and move a Hero to teh shop, nothign happens, and it doesnt show any items inside the shop inventory. i have tried everything but i still cant get the shop to sell items. i tried giving the unit the abilty " Sells items" or watever it is, but nothing seems to work. i was hoping if sumone could tell me if there is a spot that i missed when editing the units details, or if i need to create a certain trigger.

2. okay so up to 8 people can play on the map. 4 on one team, 4 on the other. i have created a Tavern unit and placed it on both sides on the map ( where the 2 main cities are ) players 1,2,3,4 (Red,blue,teal,purple) on one team and players 6,7,8,9 on the other. So i a placed a starting location on the correct sides. for example. the red and blue starting locations on the first team's side . and i also place a circle of power for each colour and in the rite team side. whn i start up the game the alliance ( team 1 ) side works fine, i can select 1 hero form the tavern there. but when i chose to start on the other side ( as green,orange,pink,gray ) the circle of power doesnt appear in the correct spot. For example if i decided in the lobby that i was going to play as Orange then the player 1 ( Red ) circle on power on the alliance side would lite up as orange instead on the horde ( player 2 ) side. Does that make sence?

any help would be great :)

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
For your first question, just base the item shop off a goblin merchant :p and don't change any of the ability fields, just the items sold.

Don't quite understand waht you mean with the second question.

xlukee

Reaction score
okay thanksi will try that out,

yes i understand that it might not of made any sence but it really is hard to explain.

okay ill break down my problem

i have 2 hero taverns.

1 for player 1 and another for player 2

i have a circle of power next to each tavern. 1 for player 1 and another for player 2

when i start up the game as player 2, the player 1 circle on power changes into a blue circle of power ( Player 2 ).

is that any clearer?

xlukee

Reaction score
no not that i know of, you see im new to map making, and this is a new project so i only have basic triggers like , setting food cap, and gold, and allowing bounty, hero repawning, some timed messages and creep spawning

xlukee

Reaction score
View attachment New.w3x

thats it there, i know its not much but its my first go at making a map, dont worry about the characters, i know they're not finished,

just open up warcraft 3 TFT and put team colour as green, orange, grey, or pink and u will see what i mean once you've looked at the map in world edit

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.