I have some (noob)questions here :p

M

Mauritz

Its a wisp that enters the region and i want it to turn into a hero, a dreadlord in region 000 and a rifleman (dark rifleman) in 001

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Do this:
EVENTS:
unit enters region 001(gen)
CONDITIONS:
entering unit equal to wisp
ACtions:
Create 1 dreadlord in (another region)

M

Mauritz

NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Do this:
EVENTS:
unit enters region 001(gen)
CONDITIONS:
entering unit equal to wisp
ACtions:
Create 1 dreadlord in (another region)

Sorry for being such a retard but how do i ge this "entering unit equal to wisp"? what should i chose?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mauritz said:
It dosnt work :banghead: My code look like this:

Melee Initialization
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region 001 <gen>
Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
Conditions
Dreadlord Equal to Wisp
Dark Rifleman Equal to Wisp
Actions
Unit - Make Dreadlord 0005 <gen> face (Target of Camera 002 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
Unit - Change color of Dreadlord 0005 <gen> to (Color of (Picked player))

Unit - Kill (Entering unit)

what am i doing wrong? I dont understand a shit of this!

These two lines actually made me laugh. What do you expect to do ? :p

First, remove the 2 conditions and set the condition NiKa told you to.

Next, in the actions, create a dreadlord for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at the region you wish.

Lol the actual trigger runs when a unit enters region 001 or 000, check if a wisp is a dreadlord AND if a Dark Rifleman is a wisp, then if a dark rifleman and a dreadlord is a wisp, it makes a pre-placed dreadlord face the target of a pre-placed camera that probably don't have a target since it's a camera, and finally tries to change the color of that pre-placed dreadlord to the color of (Picked player)... Since There are no Picked players because you did not pick any player, the dreadlord remains at its color state.

But since a Dreadlord isn't equal to a wisp, the trigger makes nothing. Period :p

But that's a good beginning ! At least you try to understand :)

M

Mauritz

Malto1: Yeah... i try but i dont xD Im a retard

Nika: If i dont CHOOSE anything it looks like this: ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True

M

Mauritz

well, im going to sleep now, its 11:11 pm in sweden :p (Im going to read to 2:00 am :) )

I ask more tomorrow

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
You learn things by reading tutorials and then experimenting. You need logical thinking if you want to make any comparison based event/ condition/ action
The Trigger Editor

This is the most advanced and powerful portion of the World Editor. The Trigger Editor allows you to take complete control of every aspect of the game. It is a simplified programming language designed to be accessible to novices, but powerful enough to satiate the desires of more advanced users. To open the Trigger Editor, use F4, or choose Trigger Editor from the Module menu.

A trigger is composed of three parts: events, conditions, and actions. A trigger's actions will activate if, when one of its events occurs, its conditions are met.

Events
Events will start the process that may lead to a trigger's firing. After a trigger's event has taken place, its conditions are evaluated, and finally its actions may occur. The default trigger in a map is "Melee Initialization." This trigger's default event is "Map Initialization." Basically this means that the instant the map finishes loading, its actions will occur: the trigger has no conditions that must be met. If you wanted to, you could change this event to "Time - Time Elapsed," then change the number of seconds to ten. The map would then run the "Melee initialization" trigger ten seconds after it had loaded.

Conditions
Conditions are special requirements that must be met for a trigger's actions to occur. A condition must be true for a trigger's actions to run. This way of thinking about conditions can be deceptive because you can have a condition like "False Equal to False"-- a condition which would always be true. The default trigger "Melee Initialization" contains no default conditions; let's add one. Hit Ctrl + D, then select "Game Speed Comparison." The dialog box will then have the blue text, "(Current game speed) Equal to Normal." If you leave the condition as it is and then run the map from the editor, the "Melee Initialization" trigger will run normally, assuaming you have not changed any other parts of the trigger from their default values. However, if you change "Normal" to "Fastest," the "Melee Initialization" trigger will not run from the editor. This is because the editor sets the game speed to "Normal" automatically when you run maps from it. The condition would be evaluated as "Normal speed equal to Fastest speed," a condition which is not true.

Some of the differences between conditions and events are that conditions are only evaluated if the event of the trigger that they fall under has occurred. Also, although a trigger can have multiple events, only one event need occur for a trigger's action to happen, whereas all conditions must be true simultaneously for the trigger's actions to occur.

The only things a trigger really needs are actions. (Well, in point of fact, this is not exactly true. However, a trigger with no actions has no effect on the game and, therefore, no real point in the script.) It is worth pointing out, though, that triggers do not need conditions or events in order for their actions to be carried out in the game. Triggers can be run from other triggers using the action "Trigger - Run (Ignoring Conditions)," which will run any trigger's actions, regardless of its conditions or events or lack thereof.

Actions
Actions are the results of a trigger. These can be anything from panning the camera to a specific unit, as in a cinematic, or having one unit attack another. Actions allow the designer to have complete control of what occurs in the game.
EDIT: Text copyed from Blizzard Help file (C) and check this out (klick on it) there is nice tutorial how to do hero picking like you want. It may seem hard at start beacause it uses "advanced" things like variables and arrys. Simplest hero picking could be:
Code:
Hero selection
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Wisp
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dreadlord for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Entering unit)) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
        Unit - Remove (Entering unit) from the game
I had to replace my last trigger with this simpler working one, my fault. [Don' t toch my rep !]

M

Mauritz

It gives me a head ache :/ All people shows the final results of the Event/Condition/Action, no1 shows what you should choose, like here for example: (picked player) equal to unit. Okaaaayy..... how do i know what i should choose? Booleran comparison? Player comparison? Player color comparison? this confuses me and i cant find the right 1! dosnt matter what im looking for, i cant find the right 1 if no1 tells me! to much to look through so i dont find it :(

sionts

Reaction score
Choose "unit comparison" and change the "(Triggering unit)" to entering unit. This meens the unit that enters the region. Now you got to specify what unit is only aloud to enter the region. So change the value to "Wisp" or any other unit u want.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Choose "unit comparison" and change the "(Triggering unit)" to entering unit.

Actually, to get "Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Wisp",
you need a "Unit-type" comparison...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.