i need help im make a maze game

1cRaZyFooL

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Im lost why are your footmen invulnerable?? If you want to take it off go into the object editor and remove invulnerablity or use a trigger to make a unit vulnerable...

L

lionfan87

hah

lol i donno why they invunrable but i think i shoudl get it all now TY EVERYONE FOR HELPING IT IS PROBLY DONE now i gotta make map look koo :) ty all maby i can send u guys map hehe :p :shades: o and sumin else when i start thet attack insted of patroll bc they have attack how i take away there attack?

S

ShaiTan-Enk

You can take away attack in the object editor. You can also make them, instead of patrol, move back and forth (when enter region 1, go to region 2. when enter region 2, go to region 1, etc).

L

lionfan87

ahh

i cant sem to get the attack away it just goes to 1-7 when ever i test it aboms just attack footmen insted of patrolling..
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

S

ShaiTan-Enk

Go into the Object Editor, and set anything that even looks like damage to 0, or none. It wont even have the attack option.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
there is a faster way to do unit death if it leaves path...

you can base this on if the unit walks onto a different tileset.. such as blight instead of the dirt path....

(every .01 sec of game time
if then else
unit (____) is in blight
unit destroy triggering unit) <- something like that

somebody figured this out a while ago...let me see if i can find the post for you!

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Theres another way to make the attack 0, you go to object editor,scroll down to the end of Combat and find something like:

Combat - Attacks Enabled : Attack 1 Only

You can change Attack 1 Only to None, and there, the unit has no attack.

Axe.killer

Reaction score
when patrolling, a unit moves from the origin to destination point scanning for enemies. you can also do it like this, but more work.

a unit enter BlAh 1

Order entering unit to move to BlAh 2

a unit enter BlAh 2

Order entering unit to move to BlAh 1

L

lionfan87

Yes

YES ITS FINSIHED THANK U ALL SOO MUTCH the map is escape from africa now all i gotta do for never verson is make the map shaped like africa haha im gonna make i canimatic also i can do that though and if u can find that post it would relly help thx

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
husky_003 said:
Here's how I do my Cinematics.

To get Cinematic mode started...
First Create a Camera!!

EVENTS:
Map Initialization
CONDITIONS: None
ACTIONS:
Cinematic - Turn Cinematic mode on for all players
Cinematic - Turn Letterbox mode on (hide interface) for All Players fade out over 2.00seconds
Camera - Apply (your cam) for Player 1 Red etc.

Well thats how I get it started.

Here's how to make someone talk:

Cinematic - Send Transmission to (all players) from *your unit here* Named *your name* Play No Sound and Display *your message* Set to *#seconds* and wait.

Just keep doing that over and over till you got what you want and changing the values every time.

To make A Unit Walk Somewhere.
Create A Region(s)!

Unit - Order *unit* <gen> to move to Centre of *your region*.

Well thats the basics and should get you started.
Hope that helped, cheers,
-Husky
Husky's guide may help you. Also, there is a search on the fourms, you can use it to find posts.

( OT : Yay 50 posts :) )

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
so many questions.. about mazes :D

I love mazes in warcraft, so im gonna post some tricks and advice:

To make things move, you can use the issue order action and change move to to patrol to.

To make things spawn and move to somewhere then die, do this:

Trigger 1
Code:
Events - Every 3 seconds of game time
Actions - Create 1 (unit (abomination)) at (center of (region1))
Trigger 2
Code:
Events - A unit enters (region1)
Conditions - unit-type of (triggering unit) equal to (unit (abomination))
Actions - Order (triggering) to move to (center of (region2))
Trigger 3
Code:
Events - A unit enters (region2)
Conditions - unit-type of (triggering unit) equal to (unit (abomination))
Actions - Kill (triggering unit)

Catapults:

Code:
Events - every 3.00 seconds of game time
Actions - order Mortar Team to Attack Ground (center of (region 3))

Teleports:

Code:
Events - A unit enters (region 4)
Conditions - (unit-type of (triggering unit)) equal to (hero (demon hunter))
Actions -
 Move (triggering unit) instantly to (region 5)
 Pan camera for (owner of (triggering unit)) to (region 5)

Have some parts with a wavy/earthquaky effect to put people off, making it harder for them.

Hope this helps.

~Jindo

PS: i wanna see the map when its done.. i love mazes!

L

lionfan87

ha

haha ok ill rty those ill give u guys the verson 1.1 im gonna start it now :shades:

L

lionfan87

uhg

now i need to know how when some 1 finishes a area all the units teleport there even if dead and how to add lives like chances?

L

lionfan87

gh

i need dead and alive players to respwand there and there footmen not heros

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Code:
Events - a unit enters region 6

Conditions - (unit type) of (triggering unit) equal to (hero controlled by player)

Actions -
 pick every unit in (units of type (hero)) and do (kill (picked unit))
 pick every player in (allies of player 1 (red)) and do (create 1 footmen for (picked player))
 create 1 footman for (player 1 (red)) at region 6 facing (degrees)

hope this helps, the normal method is way too long for me to give to you right away, if this dont work, ill get the more accurate one out.

EDIT: more advanced maze stuff...

Lots of catapults attacking random parts in one region:

make a region and put catapults in it, then make another large region for them to attack at.

Code:
Events - every 3.00 seconds of game time
[i]no conditions[/i]
Actions - pick every unit in (units in region 7) and do (order (picked unit) to attack ground to region 8

Changing ground from path to floor which kills:

Code:
Events - Every 4.00 seconds of game time
[i]no conditions[/i]
Actions -
 Change the tile of region 9 to (path which kills)
 wait 2.00 seconds
 Change the tile of region 9 to (safe path)
 wait 2.00 seconds

That is why when you do the path which kills thing you need a condition to say tile-type of ground is equal to (path which kills), also add "region 9" to your list.

Move Attack Catapults

Code:
Events - Every 6.00 seconds of game time
[i]no conditions[/i]
Actions -
 Order (catapult) to attack ground to region 11
 Order (catapult) to move to region 12
 Wait 3.00 seconds
 Order (catapult) to attack ground to region 13
 Order (catapult) to move to region 10

Hope those help ;)
~Jindo

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Ah but Jindo, he probally has a condition that if every player unit is killed the game is over.

Ok this is the only trigger you need:

Code:
[B] Event [/B]
        Unit - A unit enters FinishRegion01 <gen>
[B] Conditions [/B]
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
[B] Actions [/B]

Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + has completed the maze! Teleporting all players...)

Player Group - Pick every player in (All players controlled by a User player) and do (Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Random Point in FinishRegion02 <gen>)))

Wait - Wait 5.00 seconds

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        (FinishRegion02 <gen> contains (Entering Unit)) Not Equal to True
    Then - Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players controlled by a User player) and do (Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Picked player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees)
    Else - Actions
        Do nothing

Trigger - Turn off (This Trigger)

Ok first of all you'll need 2 regions: FinishRegion01 and FinishRegion02
01 will be the one the unit has to step on to win the game,
02 will be the place the units get teleported to (It CANNOT overlap 01)

The first Action is optional, it'll just tell everyone the name of the person who finished the maze. and thats its teleporting them. (Obviously)

And you should put the region "FinishRegion02" to an enclosed area (Jindo's Idea)

Most complex trigger I've ever made, hope it works,

I'm Done.

-Wark

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
oh!

k, but atleast move the hero to a place which is out of the way like in a box with pathing blockers or boundry or abyss ground to stop them from escaping.

~Jindo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.