I need some opinions on my keyboard movement system

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
I spent about 2 hours making this keyboard movement system, i'd like some opinions on it. (It's a bit choppy still, but it works)

Would you enjoy playing a game using this system?
Do you find the system hard to use?
What do you think I should do to improve this system?

the controlls are as follows:

Right Key = rotate right
Left Key = rotate left
Up Key = move forward
Click right or left twice quickly to strafe
Q = Attack (still a bit buggy)

SkateuUp

Reaction score
yea Q is bugged but its a pretty cool concept it'd be really fun if you could change weapons by picking up items, like a bow ect. just would need some time to get used to the turn speed

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
Yea I'M planning on turning it into a gladiator arena map, you will be able to choose your weapons in the start ;)

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Seems like camera could possible use a slightly faster speed. Possibly not though; it gives an interesting effect.

Pretty nifty strafing mechanism.

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
The thing about making the camera faster is tht it makes it look really choppy..... Is it a good thing that it's like a miniclips game? = \

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Im sory but i dont like it to much i hate arow key movement on any game because its to close to the mouse and uncomfortable plus feel like im cramped up

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
Doent work so well yet, but if u'd improve it that'd be awesome. left/right steering is abit annoying, the unit collission doesnt work and Q is bugged. allso the unit is too fast, makes it hard to steer. exept for that its a great idea

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
Im sory but i dont like it to much i hate arow key movement on any game because its to close to the mouse and uncomfortable plus feel like im cramped up

Yea, Id like to have a movement system like WOW's, but there are no mouse click events in GUI =[.

Doent work so well yet, but if u'd improve it that'd be awesome. left/right steering is abit annoying, the unit collission doesnt work and Q is bugged. allso the unit is too fast, makes it hard to steer. exept for that its a great idea

I have alot of the quirks fixed actually, it's alot smoother now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.