Icon hero limit/hero limit

shady

Reaction score
Now, i see many posts how to limit heroes, but i haven't find what i need.

My problem:

When i buy hero it originally disappear from altar ( picture7-8 ), but when i add my modified hero and buy it( picture1-6 ), the icon still there and i can buy that hero again. I want to make hero disappear when i buy it, like picture 7-8. If anyone helps I'll make hero with name/model/spells/string names in thanks of help, this will be done in my next map release. Also +rep in the TH forum. :)

Thanks.

picture1 here

picture2 here

picture3 here

picture4 here

picture5 here

picture6 here

picture7 here

picture8 here

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Selection
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • ((Sold unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Sold unit))

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
there are many possible solutions for you.

first of all, custom heroes need to be added into the "hero" list in gameplay constants to make the "melee-hero" actions work for them (limit heroes, add townportal scroll, etc)

another possibility could be (only if the tavern is owned by a single player, others cannot buy from here) to just limit the training of that unit type to 1 for the owner of the tavern / all players manually. theres an action to do so:
Trigger:
  • Player - limit construction / training of UNIT-TYPE for PLAYER to VALUE

another solution, working for multiple players buying from the same tavern, would be to add all the heroes via the trigger action "Neutral - Add Unit type to market place". because items / units bought from a market place which were added this way are immediately removed from the lust after purchase. though i think this solution would be the most work.

shady

Reaction score
there are many possible solutions for you.

first of all, custom heroes need to be added into the "hero" list in gameplay constants to make the "melee-hero" actions work for them (limit heroes, add townportal scroll, etc)

another possibility could be (only if the tavern is owned by a single player, others cannot buy from here) to just limit the training of that unit type to 1 for the owner of the tavern / all players manually. theres an action to do so:
Trigger:
  • Player - limit construction / training of UNIT-TYPE for PLAYER to VALUE

another solution, working for multiple players buying from the same tavern, would be to add all the heroes via the trigger action "Neutral - Add Unit type to market place". because items / units bought from a market place which were added this way are immediately removed from the lust after purchase. though i think this solution would be the most work.

Can you made me that trigger I'll send you my map in PM. Please :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
which do you mean? this?

Trigger:
  • Limit_Hero_Construction
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for PLAYER

i think you can make it yourself.

or with the market place it would look like this:
Trigger:
  • Limit_Hero_Construction_Marketplace
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Neutral Building - Add HERO to MARKET with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1

shady

Reaction score
which do you mean? this?

Trigger:
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Oh, damn thx thx thx thx thx a lot, now i send you PM, you just tell me Name/spells/name strings/model of hero you want, and I'll add it in next release.

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
which do you mean? this?

Trigger:
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Trigger:
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Hi I'm new to this of mapcreating, actually I started yesterday with a 12 hour session learning by doing.. I'm getting there :)

One question, in the triggers, for example what u wrote here, how do I mark "ALL" or a group as same trigger, or do i have to have like 4 triggers if it's the same command for Red, Blue, Teal and whoever?

Limit hero to 1 for Player 1 (Red) (want to change that for ALL instead of player 1)

shady

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this of mapcreating, actually I started yesterday with a 12 hour session learning by doing.. I'm getting there :)

One question, in the triggers, for example what u wrote here, how do I mark "ALL" or a group as same trigger, or do i have to have like 4 triggers if it's the same command for Red, Blue, Teal and whoever?

Limit hero to 1 for Player 1 (Red) (want to change that for ALL instead of player 1)

This can't be done.

You must do this if you want to be only one trigger

Trigger:
  • Limit
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 2 (Blue)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 3 (Teal)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 4 (Purple)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 5 (Yellow)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 6 (Orange)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 8 (Pink)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 9 (Gray)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 10 (Light Blue)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 11 (Dark Green)
      • Player - Limit training of HERO to 1 for Player 12 (Brown)

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Limit training of Hero to 1 for (Picked player)

Use this.

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
which do you mean? this?

Trigger:
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Trigger:
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions

http://i52.tinypic.com/6ifxiv.png

Doesnt work for me :( No hero is added in the building... (wanted it because when I add "Sell unit" in the Object Editor it always end up to be 3 units of everything, and I only want 1 or no number at all if possible. :/

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
as i said above the "add unit to market place" thing does only work if your tavern is open to all players and got the "sell unit" or "sell item" ability. (which market places do have by default)

and you can change the max stock number for units in the object editor as well.

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
1 my hero selection building is a tavern the original building but with new skin (farm) however when i set Stock to 1 it's still 3.

And same problem in the shop (originally a Goblin shop) but there I can set stock value, but the problem is that I cant get it do be INFINITY (want no cap on the items) as it is in most games.

EDIT: I'm so slow -.- If I change the max stock in the shop AND on the HERO it works. MY BAD.

BUT how do I make it without the number, (like when you train unit)

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Well, I suppose the tavern should indeed be able to train the unit. With selling units, its the same deal as mercenary camps in melee games and there is the number.

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
My original building was a tavern, but how much I try to add the custommade heros as TRAIN HERO isntead of SELL UNIT it doesnt appear when the game begins, I can only SELL UNIT, and that would be fine IF they disappeared when you picked them but they don't. :/ I could take STOCK REPLENISH INTERVAL and make it a VERY high number so it takes LOOONG before u can pick again (otherwise you can pick a new hero everytime you're dead meanwhile your hero is dead (0/1 food))

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the unit failing to disappear is due to classification in the "Campaign" section, correct?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.