Identical Structure but different stats

makakai

Reaction score
Here is and interesting one :)

How could I make an identical structure but with different stats ie a guard tower that does 10 damage as well as a guard tower that does 5 but doesn't show up as doing 5 damage?

The idea is that one player is a spy so he needs to look like one of them and is on their team but really enemies with them. So hence I need ways to make the structures he makes weaker but still look identical to his "teammates"

If you have any other ideas of weakening structures in different ways would also be helpful :p

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance :)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
You could copy paste the structure's object data and lower their damage fields?

To make sure YOU know which is which, you could use Editor Suffix to distinguish between them.

makakai

Reaction score
That shows up as the tower deals less damage to players on your team tho which is what i don't want :p

Doesn't have to be damage but any other ways?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
You can use the ability "Elune's Grace" to multiply a unit's damage (eg. by 0.5) without the modification appearing in its stats area, and the ability itself can be hidden in a disabled spell book.

You could give the tower a different armor type which takes increased damage from all attack types, with the map resources modified for that armor type to appear identical to the normal one (eg. Fortified), thus making the tower appear identical but actually take way more than normal damage.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
add critical strike with negative damage bonus inside a hidden spellbook to the tower.
the damage text will show the old damage, however when attacking the critical strike (needs 100% hit chance) will trigger and reduce the damage by the amount you have set.

makakai

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you ended up using Accnames but thanks to weep for the other suggestions :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.