Illusions help

R

ReGnerA

OKay bassicaly i made a trigger where u make a dummy unit and give it wand of illusions and bassically casting it on teh triggering unit and then looped it, the thing is it still doesnt work. So i tried giving the dummy unit an inventory (just to try) and still doesnt work whats wrong

It works if u give the wand to the triggering unit and make him cast it on himself and then remove the wand but then if u have 6 items in the inventory it wont work :/

Plz help

noworries

Reaction score
I tried it with giving the unit an inventory, as you listed, and it seemed to give me no problems.

I used

Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Caster for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
        Hero - Create Wand of Illusion and give it to (Last created unit)
        Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Last created item) on (Picked unit)
        Unit - Add a 6.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Wand of Illusion in that has 1 charge.

Another thing to think is if you're trying to use it on enemies and you haven't changed the allowed targets then that could be why none are showing up.

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Why not just give the unit the wand of illusion's ability instead of giving it the item itself?

noworries

Reaction score
Why not just give the unit the wand of illusion's ability instead of giving it the item itself?

The main problem is that Item Illusion(The ability Wand of Illusion cast) is not in the list for you to choose from with Order targeting a Unit.

This just skips by that.

I think you can give the ability a custom order, and then convert it to custom script and put in that orderid, but I tried it and it didn't work, probably just my ignorance.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
You can order a unit to cast the Wand Of Illusion's item ability by using this line of custom script.
Code:
Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 852274, GetTriggerUnit())
That will order the last created unit to use it on the triggering unit. If you want either unit changed, post here and there are many people here that will know how to adjust it for you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.