Imported Skin Problem

R

Razthemapper

After learning in detail how to skin better than I thought i can by watching closely on the tutorial page, I made a basic skin but, it seems that I can see the unit being custom in the editor, but not when I test the map. Any reasons for this?

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
Did you exit the map editor and then start it back up? For some reason skins dont show up in WE unless you do that.

Rad

Reaction score
For skins most of the time if you have not placed the unit or touched it at all in the terrain editor you can simply save the map after you've imported it, then check it in the editor. If it works then it will have the new skin, if not close the editor and open it up. If it still doesnt show test your map (If it does test it anyways), if it doesnt work in the map you have the wrong path. If the unit is invisible (Team colored parts might show) then the skin file is corrupt. If the editor crashes.... well then you got a problem now dont ya?

R

Razthemapper

Um.. So it's like this.
1) Made skin
2) Made skin in .blp
3) Imported skin
4) Placed in editor
5) Tested in game (was invisible)
6) Restarted editor

After i restarted editor I only saw a green box. I've imported with \ to separate folders. Was that wrong? Should i import with / ?

BTW: The custom skin DID show up in the editor first time but was invisible in the game!

Rad

Reaction score
Does the unit has team color? If it didnt show in game try converting the file to .blp again (Corrupt .blp). If it doesnt work, try saving your skin to a new location (As .tga suggested) and then convert.

R

Razthemapper

I'm quite sure it has team color. It is the paladin. I only modified the color of his skin and his hair so i'm sure i didn't erase team color. I'll re-convert and try again

EDIT: Yeyeye. Thanks a lot, it worked. I know what to do now. Well, i sorta double-checked somehow. I re-saved as .blp, re-imported, saved, set it to cost nothing in object editor and placed an altar then tested. I trained him in game and it looked properly. I put him in editor and it looked properly. Thanks again!

Rad

Reaction score
Something was probrably wrong with the alpha channel... its a common error in most converters I experience it all the time! Just make sure you keep the backup... sometimes it takes forever to convert properly

R

Razthemapper

Didn't know that o.0. I'm working on a skin for my map :Toy Battle Arena (Santa's elf skin). I'm modding a child because he can be easily turned into a small green elf with a Christmas costume :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.