ImportingNeed help with importing (was: help me)

P

Panasonic

Can someone please fully help me one time plz...ive looked at soo many tuturials and im getting so mad right...i dont get how to download and then import and get my own model...

i go and i see something cool..i click download.. i save it to my oown folder...is it unzipped or not? it shows a zip thing on the folder, i right click it.. how do i zip/unzip? do i exract? where do i exract.. in the wc3frozen cd? can u show me this plz...i get how to open my import thing..im not stupid..how can i tell if a model is bad or not before i even download it? plz help me plz plz plz plz help!

if ur going to give me links to over turtorials...at least give me one thatll answer all of this stuff..cuz all the other ones just gives the basic stuff that i already know!

KungFuTex232

Reaction score
Im not totally sure but here's how i do it:

First, download the model (to any folder or whatever) then, right click it, then click extract, extract it to wherever you wanna put the folders and stuff for the model.

Second, to put it in a map you go to the import thing at the top of world editor thing then click the extracted things for the model. Then, where you downloaded the model, they might have have a custom path to show you that you need to put for the model, so in the import editor double click all the things from the model you imported and put the custom paths the creator put onto the imported model, (in some cases you may just need to leave it at "wc3imported") you mostly only need to change it for the skins of the unit and stuff.

Finally, you assign the model to any unit you like. To do this, go to the Object Editor and click on a unit, then go down to where it says:
Art - Model File Then, change it to the imported unit.

If you have any trouble with this, then go to wc3sear.ch and look for the model tutorials.

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
<3

<3

<3
<3

<3

<3

<3

google search for 7 zip
download it to unzip files

once you unzip them, then you can import the models

but you will need warcraft the frozen throne to import the files

if you are a Reign of chaos user, you will need a special software which
i am not familiar, since im a the frozen throne user.

import the models

look in my graphic tutorials, and you can learn how to import stuff.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=371654#postanchor_A001p15

P

Panasonic

k yeh thats great but agian u basically said EVERYTHING any tuturial says in the basic form...i know where it is and all, i know how to assign it in object editor, i know where import managment is...

When i dl the model and then import it...it gives me like

Type: Model
Path: war3mapImported\ArthasArcher2.mdx

wtf is that...its suppose to be blp right? and thats all i get.. so did i exract wrong? open the file wrong? have a bad model? or wut?

ayumilove

Reaction score
remove the war3mapImported and just leave ArthasArcher2.mdx

simple as that <3

KungFuTex232

Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention was that when you assign the model to a unit or something, you will have to close the world editor and open it again so it read the paths and stuff.

ayumilove

Reaction score
you dont need to close warcraft editor, just test out the map by hitting
CTRL + F9, when you play the game , you can see the model inside.

btw, if the model does not have its other stuff with it, it wont show the model

for example, the model must have the person and the sword

without the sword, the whole model will not display

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'll give you an introduction in the most basic form possible...

MDX are model files and these can go anywear (example: Archer.MDX)... I would put them in:

C:/ProgramFiles/WarcraftIII/war3imported

That way when you import them you dont need to change the filepath... BLP are textures (example: ArcherSkin.BLP), and have to be put in the right place. Sometimes you wont get a BLP, sometimes you'll get more than one, but when you do, look at the website it came from (or look for a readme file)... Once you know where it goes put it in the right file and that bits done...

Now import them (using the Import Editor up the top next to unit editor, terrain editor)... Once your in, click the import files icon (like bits of paper and a green arrow) and find where you put the files (you have to get each MDX and BLP file that come with it). If you have BLP files you'll need to change the file path, so double click on them and click 'USE CUSTOM FILEPATH'. Change the file path to the one you put it into (example: Textures/Archer/ArcherSkin.BLP). Notice to dont need to add c:/ProgramFiles/WarcraftIII in front of it.

Now to put your model on... This is easy and the best bit! Make your custom unit, using any model for now and then click Art-Model File. Find the lower scroll bar and scroll down to the model you just imported... Your now done! Save and restart World editor if you cant see your new model...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.