Increase Level of Ability doesn't work?

Mmage

Reaction score
Hello, I am making a Bomberman remake (yes I know there is one already made), and to set a limit for as many bombs that you can plant, I use mana. When you pick up a extra bomb powerup, you should get one more mana to be able to drop 2 bombs at a time, but, the trigger I have for this doesn't work.
Trigger:
Code:
Extra Bomb
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Extra Bomb
    Actions
        Set Bombs[1] = (Bombs[1] + 1)
        Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to Bombs[1]
        Unit - Increase level of Item Mana Bonus (Least) for (Hero manipulating item)
        Unit - Set mana of (Hero manipulating item) to (Real(Bombs[1]))
I don't see anything wrong with this trigger, can anyone help me?

Sonic

Reaction score
Hello, I am making a Bomberman remake (yes I know there is one already made), and to set a limit for as many bombs that you can plant, I use mana. When you pick up a extra bomb powerup, you should get one more mana to be able to drop 2 bombs at a time, but, the trigger I have for this doesn't work.
Trigger:
Code:
Extra Bomb
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Extra Bomb
    Actions
        Set Bombs[1] = (Bombs[1] + 1)
        Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to Bombs[1]
        Unit - Increase level of Item Mana Bonus (Least) for (Hero manipulating item)
        Unit - Set mana of (Hero manipulating item) to (Real(Bombs[1]))
I don't see anything wrong with this trigger, can anyone help me?

First say me what do you want

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Item levels aren't working after the 1st level (from what I've seen). You've either gotta use an upgrade (keep in mind that upgrades can't be downgraded), or you must replace the item with a greater one.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Item levels aren't working after the 1st level (from what I've seen). You've either gotta use an upgrade (keep in mind that upgrades can't be downgraded), or you must replace the item with a greater one.

Increasing level of ability does work.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
ohcrap, misread. (Why are you talking about upgrades?! D: )

From the trigger I was assuming he picked up a power-up item and then increased an ability on the hero itself that increases his mana.

^If you're not doing that, I suggest you do. It doesn't have to be a power-up item actually, you can also just remove&destroy the item upon pick-up.

Mmage

Reaction score
I am having him pick up a powerup (Rune) and that starts the trigger, and the trigger is supposted to increase the level of the item mana bonus on the bomberman so it increases his mana so he can increase the number of bombs he drops.

Mmage

Reaction score
Upgrades wouldn't work, I'm trying to make more than a single round per game and you can't unlearn upgrades.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.