"Inflater" weapon

D

Dr4gonL0rd

If any of you remember the "Inflater" weapon from Turok: Rage Wars for N64, you'll know what I want to do.
This weapon will fire a CO2 dart into the target enemy, inflating it in size. When enough darts are shot into a unit, it will explode.

I don't really know where to start with this because I can't figure out the triggers to change the sizes, and the variable(s) to remember the sizes of the units, and increase the size by 10% every time it gets hit. The unit would explode at 200%, starting at 100%.

Things to know:
I am not using this as an ability, it will be a building that attacks.

Pigger

Reaction score
Ok, this is just a rough stab at it as I don't currently have WE on this computer, but here goes.

Base an ability off of slow poison or a similar poison that can stack. Remove damage over time, slow effects, stuff like that and only make sure it's stacks (there should be an option for it). Then, (if you can, idk if this works checking for stacked buffs) have a trigger check for how many stacks of the buff it has, increasing it's size by 10% each, and when it hits 10 stacks have another trigger fire off and kill it.

Probably only helps minimally but whatever.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Ok, this is just a rough stab at it as I don't currently have WE on this computer, but here goes.

Base an ability off of slow poison or a similar poison that can stack. Remove damage over time, slow effects, stuff like that and only make sure it's stacks (there should be an option for it). Then, (if you can, idk if this works checking for stacked buffs) have a trigger check for how many stacks of the buff it has, increasing it's size by 10% each, and when it hits 10 stacks have another trigger fire off and kill it.

Probably only helps minimally but whatever.

Ok, I'll try it when I get a chance, but I have a feeling that I can't check for stacked buffs, specifically how many there are.

>In actions choose "Animation" it's all under there.
Yeah, I know how to change the size, but I just don't know how to store the size of each unit in a simple variable.

Edit: Ok, I can't check for how many of the stacking buff the unit has. Any other ideas?

ShadowTek

Reaction score
You could set the custom value of the unit to reflect its current animation size, and then use that for condition checks.

Or you could have an array of 10 unit groups and place a unit in whatever group corresponds to its current animation size level (group1 for 10%; group2 to 20%; group3 for 30%; etc.). Then check to see what group a unit is in to determine its current size and take the desired action.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

You could set the custom value of the unit to reflect its current animation size, and then use that for condition checks.

Ok, I'm trying this method, and it was going smoothly, but I have run into a problem.
What I want to do is if the custom value of the unit is 200, then increase it's size by 10%, then kill it. If the custom value is not equal to 200, then just increase its size by 10%. The problem is that I can't seem to set a variable to the custom value of a unit, so I can do something like:
Code:
Change (Triggering unit)'s size to (((Custom value of (Triggering unit)) + 10)
But I can't to do that, since the custom value of a unit isn't available when doing arithmetic. And since that isn't available, I can't set a variable to the custom value either.
Bah! Now what? :banghead:

Edit: By the way, this is what I have so far for the trigger...
Code:
Inflater Explode
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Inflater
    Actions
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to ((Custom value of (Triggering unit)) + 10)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 200
            Then - Actions
            Else - Actions

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Instead of using custom value, i suggest using a custom useless ability.

For example:
I would use "dummy ability". Give it 10 levels.

Code:
If.. level of dummy ability = 0
Then.. Unit - Add dummy ability to unit

Else If.. level of dummy ability = 10
Then.. Unit - Explode unit
Else.. 
Animation - set size of unit to (100 + (10 X Real(level of dummy ability)))
Unit - Increase level of dummy ability for unit

Since is in animation size is in %, its would be a real, so you need conversion.
Sorry, no codes because my no WE at the moment.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

THANK YOU! The trigger looks like this now, and IT WORKS!
Code:
Inflater Explode
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Inflater
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Dummy Ability  for (Attacked unit)) Equal to 0
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Dummy Ability  to (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Set level of Dummy Ability  for (Attacked unit) to 1
                Animation - Change (Attacked unit)'s size to ((100.00 + (10.00 x (Real((Level of Dummy Ability  for (Attacked unit))))))%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of Dummy Ability  for (Attacked unit)) Equal to 10
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Kill (Attacked unit)
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacked unit) using war3mapImported\HumanSmallDeathExplodeDust.mdx
                    Else - Actions
                        Unit - Increase level of Dummy Ability  for (Attacked unit)
                        Animation - Change (Attacked unit)'s size to ((100.00 + (10.00 x (Real((Level of Dummy Ability  for (Attacked unit))))))%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
Again, thanks. +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.