Is it possible to open 2 instances of the World Editor?

gameshow

Reaction score
I'm trying to copy values from one unit to another in the object editor. I have a large monitor (30"). If i could have two instances open at the same time, that would be a huge help. Is this possible?

Metaldrummer

Reaction score
As far as I know, it isn't. Anytime you try to open another, it will return an error saying that the World Editor is already open.

Now, I don't know if you can have the World Editor and World Editor Unlimited open at the same time. That would be your best bet.

gameshow

Reaction score
Ah ok, I can see how i can switch between maps. However, this doesn't get me 2 instances of the object editor. What ideally i'd like is 2 instances of the object editor (even if it's on the same map, that would work) so I can side by side them to copy values. Is this possible?

Re: world editor unlimited - i'll try that, thanks.

Lyle.

Reaction score
Alright, i have two maps open. Not sure exactly what you're referring to when you say "windows menu" I see only a single instance of the World Editor on my task bar, and in my task manager. I also only see one instance of the object editor. Where should I look?

Open up your World Editor and look up :)

Menus = File Edit View Layer.... Window

At the bottom of the menu you should see both your maps. You will be able to go back and forth without saving and reopening. It's not a perfect solution but it helps.

gameshow

Reaction score
World Editor Unlimited also checks to see that world editor is running. In the creation of new heroes, I for example, needed a hero, but wanted it to look and feel like a rifleman. The solution was to copy an existing hero, and then change all the art values to match the rifleman. This was a bit tedious as I had to click back and forth between my new unit and the rifleman to look at values and either copy/paste, or enter them manually.

Metaldrummer

Reaction score
When I need to do that, I just find a notepad or piece of paper, and write everything about the rifleman down, and then go to the hero and type everything in. It saves going back and forth.

gameshow

Reaction score
that's what i'll have to do. I wish the editor would at least let me select all teh fields, and paste them into notepad, or excel or something. Ah well. It isnt' that many values.

Lyle.

Reaction score
that's what i'll have to do. I wish the editor would at least let me select all teh fields, and paste them into notepad, or excel or something. Ah well. It isnt' that many values.

Do it the way I told you... You can copy whole custom units in a matter of seconds.

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
well if you want to just make the copy of your unit a hero, you just need to change the first letter when newGen asks a raw code to be a capital.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.