Item System for RPG

Nappe

Reaction score
So, I am planning to make single players RPG, with a itemsystem that is not that complicated. I got 2 possible ways, you can tell me which you would prefer, too:

Style 1: Limiting certain type of items (such as Weapons or Armor) to maximum of, lets say 2. If I wanted to make it so that you can only have maximum of 2 weapon-type items in your inventory, and maximum of 2 armor-type items in your inventory. How could I trigger such?

Style 2: Using dummy items that you can equip, and then they would show up in multiboard. Should be same way as other one, maximum of 2 weapon-type items and 2 armor-type items, and inventory would be reserved for quest items, consumables and junk.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i would like the second option.

how would you go about doing that though?
it happens to be a question i just asked moments ago.
ive seen systems that use multiboard inventories but i never understood how they worked.

Vaius

Reaction score
Personally I like the first one.

To trigger it, make a each type of item a different item type (i.e. Weapons = Purchasable, Armor = Artifacts, etc.) and use a trigger like this:
Trigger:
  • Weapon Limit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Purchasable
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Purchasable
                  • Carried_Weapons[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
              • Set Message_Player = (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))
              • Quest - Display to (All players matching ((Matching player) Equal to (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the Quest Update message: You cannot have more than 2 weapons!
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Carried_Weapons[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = (Carried_Weapons[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] + 1)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.