Item with Feedback + Illusions = Problem(s)

Freespace03

Reaction score
A lot to type, so it's presented in keywords for your comfort:

Made an item w/ Feedback. (BurnItem)
Blademaster's illusions also burn mana using BurnItem.
Created a trigger that replaces the illusions' BurnItem with an identical one without Feedback.
Trigger works, but the replaced items drop on the ground when the illusions die/are dispelled.
Tried creating a trigger that removes said items, failed.

I'd really like some help on this.
Any way to make feedback not triggered by illusions are accepted, how it's done doesn't matter.

Thanks in advance.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Go into the object editor and find the item. Im sure there is an option to make in so the item doesnt drop when the person dies.

Freespace03

Reaction score
It's set to undropable. (edit: And not dropped on carriers death) No matter the settings on the items, when an illusion dies, the item's dropped.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Remove the item just before the illusion dies. Dispel will be a problem though. Maybe just dont give it this item? Also maybe check game play constants it might has something for orb effects on illusions.

Freespace03

Reaction score
I've previously checked the gameplay constants, but found nothing. Removing the item wont work seeing as purge is used a lot in what I'm making. Unfortunately, not giving the item to the Blademaster isn't a possibility.

I just found out that the item isn't dropped when the illusion is killed, only when Mirror Image is used prematurely. (before the old illusions' timers have run out.)

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
doesn't dispel (and recasting) count as "death"?

the death event should pick it up, when they die, just remove the item

Freespace03

Reaction score
Yea I tried that but it didn't work. As posted above I found out that only a recast of Mirror Image causes the items to drop. Apparently that doesn't count as death, for some reason.

Narks

Reaction score
you could set the feedback item to have no model, and then periodically check if there are any lying on the floor and remove them

Narks

Reaction score
well, yeah, although AI heroes might technically be capable of picking it up (but not if you make it unpickauppable)

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Maybe a bit late, but what if you make the item do nothing but look pretty.

Item picked up -> Hero gains feedback ability (no icon in UI)
Item dropped -> Hero loses feedback ability

If illusions are created, it shouldn't register as if they had just picked up an item.
Ergo: they don't get the feedback ability

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.