Jass Help.

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
I've been trying to learn JASS, but all the tutorials that I've seen keep talking about variables. i get how to set variables but how am I supposed to use this in my maps? How do I get from Detecting what player it is that pressed the button and running actions targeting that player etc. I also tryed the JASS editor by KaTTaNa but I dont really get how to use it. Is there an editor that has all of the jass stuff listed with what they do?

Edit: I just had a thought, if someone who knows alot about jass could talk to me over msn, and answer questions etc. as I attempt to learn it would definitely help. My MSN Email is [email protected] if anyone wants to help me out.(although I wont be online until tomorrow morning.)

Rad

Reaction score
The way im trying to learn is making a trigger then converting it to custom script, that way I know what its doing :p

H

Heptameron

I'm willing to try to explain Jass to you. With luck I'll be on in three hours or so; check my profile for my MSN address.

But you're basically asking how to get event responses, right? There are a whole bunch of functions for exactly that. Like Rad said, the best way is to make a trigger containing what you want, then convert it to custom text. I do that a lot.

xPheRe

Reaction score
Extract \Script\common.j and \Script\blizzard.j from War3Patch.mpq
They're plain ASCII files, you can open it with notepad or something similar.
The first one show lots of very useful things, like common functions and constants.
The second is a warp over these functions. This file includes code, so you can learn by reading the code and checking how to build the syntax.
I hope this helps

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
Well, I just had a chat with Heptameron about Jass and he helped me out ALOT. I actually get most of what's going on in the basic stuff now. Just saying that my questions have been answered. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.