JASS Spell Help

A

Aasimir

Okay, I'm creating a spell that requires you to cast it upon an enemy unit. Once you have done this, the movement speed of your character quadruples, almost like "Furious Charge" or whatever that's called in WoW. However, when your here-character comes into contact with your opponent, I need some JASS code to simulate a knockback on the enemy unit.

I've tried brainstorming on this, but with my exceptionally limited JASS knowledge, I'm not sure what I'm going to need to do! Anyone have any ideas?

the Immortal

I know, I know...
Reaction score
U need to create a trigger (local) that fires when the target is attacked from the caster. Then wait 0.5 or something like that seconds and simulate knockback, moving the target back each second or instantly. Also you can add SFX-es to the spell so it looks better.
PS. I'm not sure about the 'local' triggers (because I'm not good at JASS), so it may not work :\

A

Aasimir

good start, but i still have a major problem. The JASS code! I have no idea what I should type in. If anybody could spare a moment and help me with this, it would be much appreciated.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Who said JASS was needed for sliding? Check the tutorial "Sliding Periodic Events".

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
I've got a spell, which when casted, makes the target get knocked back. The target also "slides" in the process. So, you want it so when you come within like 200 range of the target, it knocks them back? If so tell me and ill whip something up 4 u :D

A

Aasimir

that'd be great! I suppose i could change it so that it hits within 150 or 100 instead, correct? Or is it optimal to use 200 range? Either way, I'll take it!

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Here is the JASS i whipped it up just then:

Note that 'AOcl' is the spell "chain lightning" so if you wanna copy this into ur map, then make sure your casting unit has chain lightning to cast or a dummy chain lightning that does no damage and is just there to trigger this:

Code:
function Trig_Move_back_Start_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetSpellAbilityId() == [COLOR=DarkGreen]'AOcl'[/COLOR] ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_Move_back_Start_Func takes nothing returns boolean
    return ( R2I(DistanceBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(udg_FB_Cast), GetUnitLoc(udg_FB_Targ))) < 226 )
endfunction

function Trig_Move_back_Start_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    set udg_FB_Cast = GetTriggerUnit()
    set udg_FB_Targ = GetSpellTargetUnit()
    set udg_FB_Distance = R2I(2.35)
    call IssueTargetOrderBJ( udg_FB_Cast, "attack", udg_FB_Targ )
    loop
        exitwhen ( Trig_Move_back_Start_Func() )
        call TriggerSleepAction(RMaxBJ(bj_WAIT_FOR_COND_MIN_INTERVAL, 0.27))
    endloop
    call EnableTrigger( gg_trg_Move_back_effect )
    call TriggerSleepAction( 1.80 )
    call DisableTrigger( gg_trg_Move_back_effect )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Move_back_Start takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Move_back_Start = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Move_back_Start, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Move_back_Start, Condition( function Trig_Move_back_Start_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Move_back_Start, function Trig_Move_back_Start_Actions )
endfunction

This is the second trigger it turns on:

Code:
function Trig_Move_back_effect_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call SetUnitPositionLoc( udg_FB_Targ, PolarProjectionBJ(GetUnitLoc(udg_FB_Targ), I2R(udg_FB_Distance), AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(udg_FB_Cast), GetUnitLoc(udg_FB_Targ))) )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Move_back_effect takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Move_back_effect = CreateTrigger(  )
    call DisableTrigger( gg_trg_Move_back_effect )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic( gg_trg_Move_back_effect, 0.01 )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Move_back_effect, function Trig_Move_back_effect_Actions )
endfunction

Note if you dont want these in JASS i can do them for you in GUI?

A

Aasimir

ok ive got a few Q's for you..

Preferably, (coz im newb) id like it in GUI. But if you haven't already got that written, then i can incorporate JASS, but with ur help.

Which brings me to this.. Why do you use Chain Lightning? I can't really ask you my other questions until i know the answer to this one, i'm afraid...

But anyhoo, this looks great.

wonderpriest

Reaction score
Why are you still using globals and BJs? To avoid them is kinda the point to JASS...

Also,
Code:
    set udg_FB_Distance = R2I(2.35)
R2I rounds down meaning you are getting "2" for this, so yeah just thought you should know.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.