Jumping help

Robotexual

Reaction score
Ok, first off, how can I make my character jump if its possible?
And how can I make a view like in Super Smash Bros Melee?
Thank you =).

Sargon

Reaction score
Camera? You mean that crazy one that zooms in and out to follow the characters and sometimes zooms out when items fall far off to the side of the screen? Sounds horribly difficult to make in WE. I seriously wouldn't bother with it, just make it the way it is in "fixed camera" mode. You know, fixed in one place.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Look on wc3sear.ch. It's very hard to do a good jumping system, but it's possible. You'll want to set it with a hotkey J and make it move it for you automatically--no targeting a space (base it off of channel, make it instant, and the trigger(s) which run it will choose the spot to be, say, 200 units in your facing direction.

Ah, now that part's easier. Angle your camera view by holding cntrl and right clicking on the map. Move your mouse around and you can swirl your camera around. Once to the angle you like, go to the camera palette and create a camera. Make sure it's set to the current view. Go to default view and you'll see a faded blue texture of a camera casting an arrow upon your area. Now all you do is, with a trigger, set the camera object to your current view at the game initialization. Lock it to a region, unit, point or something, and you can have a very nice 2d fighting game :)

----

That's actually the EASY part, Sargon. All you need is something that senses when something special is happening and then it locks the camera to that thing. The camera will snap and follow it, and you'll have the successful effect of melee :)

The big problem is the FLOATING items. Blizzard doesn't have programming for going on top and underneath things!! If you're going under a bridge, you can't go over it and vice versa. If you're stepping on a platform, you can't step under it. Not like you really need floating platforms, but they usually spice up the fighting area, though they are like impossible to pull off.

Sargon

Reaction score
Robotexual said:
No, I don't want all that moving around lol, I just want it in that view.

Oh, OK. Just do what Rinpun said then.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.