*Kills self*

I

Ident1ty

lost map, new rpg/aos mix idea

Wow, I'm really pissed right now. After working on my Backstabbed: Battle of the Legends I had got the terrain done for all 4 lanes, had the starting tower build, had 2 of the custom heroes finished (Freeze and Speedy) and were placed in the taverns with appx half of their towers buildable (thanks to the spellbook tutorial) Had the defender assualter terrain completely done the towers set up and the assualters base set up along with the healing/shopping area set up. So last night about 11:45 pm forgot to save my map, just left it up so when I got on the next day I could just turn on the monitor and start setting up more custom heroes, but when I woke up to my demise the screen was black and said "No Video Input". I was just thinking I needed to go push the video cord in further since that has been a problem but I noticed that my computer was off.... I hadn't saved in over 8 hours of progres..... But I did learn a little bit about map creation I guess, not 10 hours worth of learning but I did pick up some valuable lessons when creating a map (save your work A LOT). :banghead: Well now that my hands are freed up I might as well start that RPG I had been putting off lol. So then--- If anyone has a suggestion for plot or character design just post it here or pm me.

C

Chindril

Make a habit to click on the Save Button before launching your map, that wait you save very very often. That is, unless you code 5 hours straight without testing even once, which is a bad thing to do anyways.

When you launch your map, it has to be saved somewhere, so you might be able to get a backup, but I'm not too sure.

As for the RPG storyline, do you have any idea of what you want or you just want base ideas ?

- Chindril

I

Ident1ty

Just toss something out, then we can shape it to something workable. That is probably the best way in the entire world to create an idea. Others can easily spot faults in your ideas and vice versa creating a near perfect idea, amongst the people that worked with it. But if there is 100 people that each change it then this map would dominate even dota, but that is beyond question :banghead: Just post an idea and we can work with it :) Besides, I had saved a version, but that was back when all I had was the first lane created and terrained, no units, no buildings and the assaulter/defender was just the outline, no terrain or ANYTHING. Thats about 6 hours to catch up since I already know what I did, but the fact is it would be impossibly repetitive and tedious.

I

Ident1ty

New Plot-thing

Title - A New World
Genre - RPG
Plot - Based on the Planet Himoru - "
Rise my creations! Be alive once again, strike against those who ended your pitiful mortal lives, strike with vigor, strike with hatred, strike with vengeance!"
After the corrupted government had struck down several million peasants to rid themselves of what they called "Human Plague" to create their utopia. They formed a Guild, The Legion. They struck any thing that was not under their rule, slaughtering even women and children to get their way. The Necromancers, a powerful force which was once hunted and struck against by everyone, were now fighting back against The Legion not only for themselves but the defence of Humanity. They recruited anyone who wished to do something against The Legion soon having millions of pawns to do their bidding while they secretly researched the secret of life. Upon finding it they rose the previous killed peasants they have created an innumerable army and so the war has began. The war for A New World.

So this is how its gonna go-- I was thinking it had to be unique so why not an AoS type but more RPG integrated. The Legion simply has their forces they started with (quite a few) while The Necromancers launch wave upon wave of creations to them. It includes 1 lane of central conflict, and The Legion has a class type hero system while the Necromancers have a set hero choice. That is the AoS part of the map. Now the RPG section of the map is the fact that they both have somewhat similar quests both leading to the control of the crystals, a fabled power hidden somewhere deep in the continent of Vikeran. The Legion has a quest set that leads to more troops coming to their side and corrupting the land granting them the advantage in finding the crystals while the Necromancers lead noble quests to conquer the Legion while reviving the slaughtered souls to fight for their cause. That is the RPG part.. The one lane is quite large and twisting leading to the center of the map. There are no towers starting but they can build them in select regions to defend their base. The way to win is either wipe out the opposing force or obtain the crystals.

Well there is my current idea just change what you would like to make it more appealing to more people.

O

OmgWtfBacon

Ident1ty said:
Title - A New World
Genre - RPG
Plot - Based on the Planet Himoru - "
Rise my creations! Be alive once again, strike against those who ended your pitiful mortal lives, strike with vigor, strike with hatred, strike with vengeance!"
After the corrupted government had struck down several million peasants to rid themselves of what they called "Human Plague" to create their utopia. They formed a Guild, The Legion. They struck any thing that was not under their rule, slaughtering even women and children to get their way. The Necromancers, a powerful force which was once hunted and struck against by everyone, were now fighting back against The Legion not only for themselves but the defence of Humanity. They recruited anyone who wished to do something against The Legion soon having millions of pawns to do their bidding while they secretly researched the secret of life. Upon finding it they rose the previous killed peasants they have created an innumerable army and so the war has began. The war for A New World.

So this is how its gonna go-- I was thinking it had to be unique so why not an AoS type but more RPG integrated. The Legion simply has their forces they started with (quite a few) while The Necromancers launch wave upon wave of creations to them. It includes 1 lane of central conflict, and The Legion has a class type hero system while the Necromancers have a set hero choice. That is the AoS part of the map. Now the RPG section of the map is the fact that they both have somewhat similar quests both leading to the control of the crystals, a fabled power hidden somewhere deep in the continent of Vikeran. The Legion has a quest set that leads to more troops coming to their side and corrupting the land granting them the advantage in finding the crystals while the Necromancers lead noble quests to conquer the Legion while reviving the slaughtered souls to fight for their cause. That is the RPG part.. The one lane is quite large and twisting leading to the center of the map. There are no towers starting but they can build them in select regions to defend their base. The way to win is either wipe out the opposing force or obtain the crystals.

Well there is my current idea just change what you would like to make it more appealing to more people.
The Plot is really grabbing. I like how you jump into it. I like AoSes, also.

I

Ident1ty

Changes to the game-

I'm going to try to make the balance between AoS and the RPG features perfect. There will also be a 3rd base, the Crystaline Defenders, which are the secret society of a very few, select defenders ordered to defend the Crystal with their very lives. They do not send units outside of the depths of the earth in order to keep their existance a secret, and to take measures of noone finding the crystal they have placed several camps of hidden scouts to kill any intruders.
Currently deciding on a way to make conquering the crystal not make the game over but make it easy for the player that possesses the crystal near unstoppable. That way there IS a chance for the other team to still win, but if the owner of the crystal were to strike their base they would have to already be destroying his last few towers in order to win.
Also fiddling around with ideas to create it so you have to do something with the crystal to win that requires the Legion destroyed to end the game, because I would rather not make it so if the Legion dies the game is over or if the crystal is obtained it won't immediatly end the game.

::Edit:: The owner of the crystal must step up to the Throne (the thing the Legion is defending) to win the game. The throne will be blocked off by a gate until you destroy the gatekeeper (a tower). The way the Necromancers lose is if their leader, Nahk'ril, is killed (he will be a tower so he can't just run around the map avoiding you). Both the Gatekeeper and Nahk'ril will be weak enough to be hardly able to kill without the crystal, but still a challenge to kill even when in possesion of the crystal.

Sargon

Reaction score
When you use the test map button, it saves your map in a different file (I don't remember the file name). So if you haven't used that button since last night, you should have a version in there.

I

Ident1ty

Unfortunately, I did :mad: Helped some guy with a TD so that a players units couldn't exit their designated area so there wont be people building in other's areas. Tested it to make sure it worked before I posted it so..... that map is gone........ Besides I'm betting that file was just a temp. file and was most likely lost when my computer was turned off..

Sargon

Reaction score
No, it only gets lost when you test another map and it gets overwritten.

I

Ident1ty

Well, like I said first in the post, I did test a map while i was creating just a demo map to explain the boundries to him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.