"Line-Spawn" help?

Zorve

Reaction score
yea, i need some tips how to make a spawn. ^^

I know how to make a spawn that creates a footman/min but, how do i create a spawn that for example creates footmans on the hole right side, and then they make there way to the left side. While they move they walk in a "line".

shall i make a lots of small spawn areas and then order them to move to ther other side, or what is the best way?

Thanks.
//ZorvE

sentrywiz

Reaction score
interesting

You mean in the same region? You could pinpoint location on same spawn with offsets, just move your mouse cursor to the region where you want your units to spawn and check the X, Y, Z in the left down corner and put those as offset.

Your idea with multiple regions is the simplest, that way you create them in the center and just order them to move to another region.

When I want to use spawns to walk in not-ordinary fashion I use units to move to random point in region. You can spawn units in small regions and then order them to some random point to the left or right where you like them to move. Its more fun because they randomly pick a position to move and it looks more unpredictable.

I think that clears it up. :thup:
Cheers

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Code:
Round init
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Spawn_Beginn[1] = Spawn Red <gen>
        Set Spawn_Beginn[2] = Spawn Blue <gen>
        Set Spawn_Beginn[3] = Spawn Teal <gen>
        Set Spawn_Beginn[4] = Spawn Purple <gen>
        Set Spawn_Beginn[5] = Spawn Yellow <gen>
        Set Spawn_End[1] = End Red <gen>
        Set Spawn_End[2] = End Blue <gen>
        Set Spawn_End[3] = End Teal <gen>
        Set Spawn_End[4] = End Purple <gen>
        Set Spawn_End[5] = End Yellow <gen>
        Trigger - Run New Round <gen> (checking conditions)

Code:
New Round
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Round = (Round + 1)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Round Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Set Spawned_Unit = Peasant
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                Round Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Set Spawned_Unit = Footman
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                Round Equal to 3
            Then - Actions
                Set Spawned_Unit = Rifleman
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                Round Equal to 4
            Then - Actions
                Set Spawned_Unit = Gryphon Rider
            Else - Actions
        Trigger - Run Round Spawn <gen> (checking conditions)

Code:
Round Spawn
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                For each (Integer B) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Player((Integer B))) controller) Equal to User
                                ((Player((Integer B))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
                            Then - Actions
                                Set MyLocation = (Center of Spawn_Beginn[(Integer B)])
                                Unit - Create 1 Spawned_Unit for Neutral Hostile at MyLocation facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                                Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyLocation)
                                Set MyLocation = (Center of Spawn_End[(Integer B)])
                                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To MyLocation
                                Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyLocation)
                            Else - Actions
                Wait 4.00 seconds
        Wait until ((Number of living Spawned_Unit units owned by Neutral Hostile) Equal to 0), checking every 1.00 seconds
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Set Spawn_Ok = True
        Trigger - Run New Round <gen> (checking conditions)

Thats a trigger a friend of me ToS-Master did for me it's really small and effective. Use that, if theres any questions just ask

DiFm

Reaction score
The new round could be effectivized by making it an array then Set Spawned Unit[Round] Abd propably even more effectivized with having the spawning in same trigger.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.