locations of sounds on cd

G

GARM

Hi guys, in my maps i use that S.E.E. technique of adding .mpq file sounds without adding size. This involves changing the path of the sound using SEE and then renaming a notepad file to the name of the sound and adding a .wav extension. I can easily add sounds from those stardat/broodat files in the program files/starcraft folder. But, theres some more sounds on the starcraft broodwar cd (ie music) whereas those in the stardat/broodat are only unit reactions and bullet sounds. When i check the install file through the mpq viewers i find several sounds...but heres the problem, to add a sound i must put the path of the wav thats in the .mpq into SEE. So usually, lets say i wanted to add a terran marines voice, i would put the path as sound\terran\marine . But I dont know what the path is on the cd. I tried using \install\sound\installermusic for example but that dont work. If anyone knows id really appreciate it. :cool:

H

HELLSS

blek

music and extented unit talks like in Sc mission briefings are .mp3 formatted and can't be used in staredit to begin with. StarEdit only reads .wav format

G

GARM

oh, they are .mp3 formatted? Does that mean they have a .wav extension but in reality they are mp3 files? Cuz when i open the install file through the mpq viewer it views them as .wav files. Oh well, thanks for the response.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.