Locust

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Can you get an unselectable BUT damagable from ALL types of AOE? Flame Strike Cluster Rockets etc.

Lehona

Reaction score
Chaos + Locust will take damage... But I think this isn't possible for buildings, is it?

canons200

Reaction score
use doodad? make your own doodad, doodad can have maximum 99999 hp, and allow to be unselectable but targetable
EDIT
mistake not doodad, is destructible

Red_drake

Reaction score
have a unit with locust (this unit doesnt matter) and give it a chaos ability that turns it into the building u want.
it will be unselectable, have no health bar, but tis still targetable and can still be damaged and die.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
have a unit with locust (this unit doesnt matter) and give it a chaos ability that turns it into the building u want.
it will be unselectable, have no health bar, but tis still targetable and can still be damaged and die.

I dont want it a+click targetable, just AOE.

use doodad? make your own doodad, doodad can have maximum 99999 hp, and allow to be unselectable but targetable
EDIT
mistake not doodad, is destructible

That wouldnt be ideal since its a building.

canons200

Reaction score
use doodad..........you can always change doodad icon and doodad model

regarding the chaos, it works like below

have 1 base unit (name A), 1 chaos unit [name B, just copy A and make an ability call chaos(name chaos C), go to the chaos C ability data, data new unit type, put B, and techtree check dependencies set it false]

trigger part, ~~~action create a unit A at ~~~, add chaos C to unit A.
the minutes you add chaos C to unit A, A automatic turn to B. B is now unselectable, But targetable. (can have collision, i just find it out recently using myself as white mouse)

the targetable don't mean you can left / right click it. But you order smart or use AOE skill, it will get damage.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Chaos confuses me, I dont actually know what it does.
Chaos is a true permanent morph ability without any icon. It allows you to change a unit's type into another. You can apply Chaos by manually adding the ability through triggers or you can add an upgrade as a dependency. Remember that Orc Reign of Chaos map where Grom Hellscream's Horde turned into Chaos Orcs? That's the Chaos ability.

Locust on the other hand is an ability with two portions. It adds the invulnerable ability to the unit and it has a unique ability that makes the unit unselectable. By using Chaos and morphing the unit into another unit you automatically lose the invulnerability portion but you retain the unselectability as it cannot be removed from the unit by standard means (e.g. you cannot remove Locust to a unit once applied either).

By doing this you will get a building that is still vulnerable but not selectable. Then, to make sure only area of effect spells cause damage to the unit, you can use specific unit tags (such as Suicidal) to make only certain spells damage the target.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Ahh I see. So I create a dummy with locust and my custom chaos, and make it morph into my building?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.