Looking for Original Author of HeroWars Ulti 1.7

PatchOne

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

Probably someone of you read my thread in the mapping section, about fixing a lots of jass errors.

the story behind it was simple...
Hero Wars Ultimate 1.7 - one of the, if not the best Hero Wars map, very popular in ROC, lots of good and "clean" gfx and a nearly perfect mapdesign etc.

some patches ago it was fucked up, unable to host or even start in singleplayer or smth else - nothing.

problem now was, i tried to fix it .. i have no clue how jass works and thought i could fix these compiling errors if someone told me what this error exactly is, and it would work then.
now it looks like these compiling errors arent even real errors and the reason why its unplayable is unknown.

so now i try to find the original author.
i tried before, googleing their names and more stuff, but without sucess.

now i thought, such a big mapping section - probably someone knows one of these guys.

their names, appearing in the loading screen of the map are surely well known, so i hope someone knows one of them and could ask if he would fix the map and make it work again, or show him this thread so they could answer. :)

so, looking for these guys.. (copied from the maps loading screen info..)

Author Virgin-Flesh
Original map by jumpyg1258
Exiled series by PixieHobbit

hope someone can help out here.

kind regards,
PatchOne

PatchOne

Reaction score
yeah well, they dont have to play wc3, also they dont have to be active in the mapping scene or smth else..

but they made this map, they know the code and they surely know what the problem is.

PatchOne

Reaction score
push? cmon anyone has to know some of these guys.. or even know how the map could be fixable :S?

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
They problably have NO idea on how to fix their map, especially if they stopped mapping.
EDIT
Also i don't see any problems with it?

PatchOne

Reaction score
well they made the code, so they know where the problem is - and if they stopped mapping doesnt matter, just reading any of the last changelogs should tell them whats wrong or changed.

and what do you mean with u dont see any problems with it..?
dont tell me you can host herowars ultimate 1.7 and it works?

all i get while trying to host it is "the game was not found" (im not sure about the exact english words but should be like that) and everyone i asked has the same problem.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
The patch you are talking about is probably deletion of the "return function" in JASS. If you can open it in Newgen, get the latest JASS newgen editor and save the map, the newgen should automatically fix return functions

PatchOne

Reaction score
someone tried that already...
map is savable (normal WE spits lots of errors) but the map still wont work.

its always the same... "game not found" - if u try to start it in singleplayer for testing there arent even slots to fill etc.

edit: ouh this is weird.. there is an 1.8 version of this map, but it sucks.. now i tried, with the use of this newgen stuff to just copy and paste the trigger code into the 1.7 map layout..
i know, this cant work for real.. but its also not hostable, so this looks like not a script problem at all oO

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.