Tutorial Loop

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Introduction
This tutorial will helps newbies and also expert <needed?> to know how loop works with.

Tools Needed Before Starting
A function-able World Editor

LOOP
Loop can be found in any unit picking or looping...

First
I will talk about
Code:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions

What do this do ? @@?
This is a normal integer loop for GUI user.

What does it do ?
yeah...it does alot things...but it also cant do most of the things..
This action is the BEST for mapper that need to make tons of same action but change the integer slightly..

Now, For each integer A
Which means the integer will be keep replacing its integer.
*Note that Integer A is being like an integer variable*

from 1 to 10
This will be the number for IntegerA is being replace.
And it also stat out that this loop runs 10 times.
when the 1st time runs, integerA equal to 1
When 7th time runs, integerA equal to 7...Understand?

*Remember NOT to put the 2nd number bigger than the 1st number..it will cause the action to malfunction*
This is not required:
Code:
For each (Integer A) from 10 to 1, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions

Second

Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions

Now...We move to UnitGroup action...
This is easier when u know what ForEachIntegerA do...

As we seen, the action pick every unit in PlayableMapArea...And loop action
Actually this is similar to the last thing we learn..(Integer Loop)
The only different thing is:
-We dont know how many time will it loops

I use back the Action i posted for example:
Code:
    Loop - Actions
If the playable map area contains 10 units, The action will pick all 10 units...
And what the Loop-Actions do?
Well, It runs all the action below it 10 times continuosly...The time for the loop run is equal to the unit picked...

Here i will give another examples:
Code:
    Loop - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Picked unit) Equal to (Triggering unit)
            Then - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: Help !!
            Else - Actions

This action, it will loop through all the units in playable map area (Means run <The number of picked unit> times).
If there are 10 units in it, and the 8th unit is Triggering unit...The Loop will runs for 10 time but when the 8th time it run, it show up the word ''Help!!''...
Clear

Here's a example map for everyone to understand loop more clearly:
View attachment 9988

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
yea..it is short...
bcoz I duno how to write a nice tut as it is my first tut...

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
=.=...sry ya...
I know jass loop can do it untill like
Code:
exitwhen booleanA == true

but i am a jass idiot...cant do it...sorry =.=

Reaction score
The but was just about the Jass loops ;)

Ah.. I thought that you were quite good in Jass.. I think I mixed you up with someone else ;D!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[thread=49870]Explanation of Loops by IKilledKEnny[/thread]

It is more complete, unfortunately.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>uberplayer

Yeah i think so -_-

>Daxtreme
Then just deleted this tut -_-''
Nothing is better than that

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Q: What’s this tutorial?
A: It’s a short tutorial I made to explain what Loops are. Only new users could find that helpful, but if you know what loops are you can continue reading anyway, just for the fun. Who knows, you might actually learn something!
LOL I found that in kenny's tutorial.
If THAT one is short, then what is THIS one? :p

However deleting is not smart, long tutorials are more of a pain in my opinion. The shorter the better, less time required to read it.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
as everyone's opinion is that mine is toooooooooooooo short ==''

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
You are supposed not to bump your post more frequently than once a day.

As for the tutorial, it's short and informative, although, much is still needed to fully be approved by moderator or upper.

I mean, the title of the tutorial is "Loops", but you only explain loops in GUI. What about more advanced ones, which don't deal only with integers, as in, JASS ones?

By the way, "Wait for a condition" is a loop, too. :rolleyes:

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I agree with Andrewgosu. Also, try to make it detailed and more organized. To get it in the repository, someone has to rate it and I think it has to have a couple of votes. :)

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Arh...i shouldnt be a person who would write a tutorial...forgive my noobness...
It is so hard to walk in the garden...><

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> It is so hard to walk in the garden..

What do you mean by that?

Anyway, this tutorial has some good information, but it is short, and most of that info can be found in other tutorials.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
> It is so hard to walk in the garden..
it is some word that someone taught me..
if it is easy to walk in the gardern means the thing is easy
If it is hard to walk in the garden means the thing is hard or difficult

>>Anyway, this tutorial has some good information, but it is short, and most of that info can be found in other tutorials.

I wonder everyone says this is so useless as it is so short

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> if it is easy to walk in the gardern means the thing is easy

I think you're talking about the expression "a walk in the park." So, to say that something is difficult, you would say, "That was no walk in the park." :D

Well, why don't you give some trigger examples where you can use integer loops? Where would a loop be useful? It would also help to elaborate a little more, as your current explanation is a little vague.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
i try to get some information in it as i can...

yeah my english are bad..>.<

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.