Make an item drop on death

aussj4link

Reaction score
Ok, heres the problem, i want to make it so that certain units will drop an item, theres alot of smaller easier to kill monsters that come at you in this and one boss type of monster, in the map there isn;t really much of a way to get your hero back if he dies, so i wanted to make it so that say when a boss dies he will have a 100% chance to drop a reviving scroll (i hav made all the heros death type: "can raise, does not decay").

In this map its basically a survival, you have one hero and you run around looking for items to help you suvives massive waves of enemies, but when some one does its basically game over cuz theres really not much way for them to come back, so, i wanted like say the smaller creatures to have a maybe 2%-5% chance to drop the scroll and the boss has a 100% chance.

I have seen in melees the creeps will have a certain chance to drop things, where the hell is this option! i have looked through the editor everywhere i cud possible think of that it might be, but i cannot find it anywhere! If some one could just point out where it is or maybe offer a sollution of some kind i would be very greatful. Thx

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Double-click the units with the selection brush active. Use the "Dropped Items" tab to bring up the item tables, or something. I never really use it, but I think it might be what you are looking for.

Y

YosLin

Well heres a trigger you can use for that:
Chance to drop
Code:
Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
         change the unit type to the unit you want and make
         it Or - Any (Conditions) are true and then all the units u want to drop the item  
    Actions
        Set Chance_to_drop = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        Chance_to_drop Equal to 1
                        Chance_to_drop Equal to 2
                        Chance_to_drop Equal to 3
                        Chance_to_drop Equal to 4
                        Chance_to_drop Equal to 5
            Then - Actions
                Item - Create Tome of Experience at (Position of (Dying unit))
                Change to your item(s).
            Else - Actions
and make a seperate trigger for bosses and you dont need the bosses and dont give it ther if/then/else action

If it is more than 1 and you want it to have a chance to drop either im not quite sure how to do that, if you needed to do that srry but i dont know how :(
,well any way if it is just 1 item you want this will work

N

NEDM

If you want one (1) item to drop specifically, like let's say the head of the golem you're out to kill in a quest, then the trigger couldn't be easier. Just do this:
---
Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Dies
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Golem
Actions
Item - Create Head of Golem at (Position of (Dying unit))
Game - Display to (All players) the text: The golem is slain!
---

Ta-daa! But, you know, that is ONLY if you want the item to be specifically dropped. You may also want to add "Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)" if it is for a quest, and so on. You know. :)

Y

YosLin

If he just wants it to drop once then it might be easier to just double click the unit in the unit palet after its been set and add an item that drops on death to that unit :)
But the floating text would be cool :D
but.... if the unit is not originaly set in the map then that won't work ;)

N

NEDM

YosLin said:
If he just wants it to drop once then it might be easier to just double click the unit in the unit palet after its been set and add an item that drops on death to that unit :)
But the floating text would be cool :D
but.... if the unit is not originaly set in the map then that won't work ;)

As always, you logic is immune to any type of negative critisim - not that i would have any, but still. But i tend to miss up on the details when i'm this tired + drugged up with Coke. Whoever i (we) am helping right now, listen to this guy/gal. He's got it all under the lens xD...

Y

YosLin

ya but my previous suggestion wouldnt work, say if he added the unit by a trigger :D

aussj4link

Reaction score
all units are created in-game, so clicking on them in the palete is impossible, but i think for now ill try to just make it so that the bosses will drop a scroll, cuz making the smaller ones hav a low chance looks a bit frusterating lol, thanks tho!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.