Making a buff SUI

cryowraith

Reaction score
SUI as in Same Unit Instance-bility (is there even a word like this?)

Anyway I'm making a spell that gives a buff to an allied hero, and the caster will take damage in place of the ally for the duration of the buff. I know how to make it MUI, but it seems the only way to achieve SUI is by using hashtables? SUI is needed since if 2 different heroes cast the same buff on the same hero, things would bug up.

Any ideas how?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Well, I'd think about using either an attached unit-group or a linked list, instead of just one attached unit. The first question is, what behavior do you want when more than one hero is protecting the target?

_whelp

Reaction score
I think you mean 'be able to stack,' stacking the same buff together...
I think there is something like that in the Object Editor or a Blizzard-made default stack-able buff.

cryowraith

Reaction score
No I'd like the buff to be overwriting. The one that casts later will take damage for the ally while the one earlier will not take any damage anymore. This would be the normal behavior of a buff. Which is why there is a need to check whether the target ally has the buff and who was the one giving this buff. Thats the only problem I need to solve now though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.