making a buff that can't be removed

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Hey, so just a quick question regarding a few hero abilities I'm making where I want irremovable buffs. Basically, most of these abilities are triggered anyway, and how I'm doing it is adding an aura to the unit inside a disabled spellbook that confers the desired buff. It works fine etc. and I just have the trigger remove the buff at the end so that it doesn't linger as do normal aura effects.

What I'm wondering is if there's an easier way to do it. Or, in short, is there a base spell that confers an undispellable buff that isn't Doom? Because Doom is the only one I've found and that has the disagreeable effect of disabling abilities, unless there's a way to stop it from doing that as well.

Any insight would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Item Ability - Aura
Give the ability, item abilities can't be seen.
It will give the buff.
Easy to remove also, not sure if this is an easier way, just another way.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Yes that is right you will need an aura. And for you to remove it just trigger the remove specific buff.

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Okay, well, I'm not sure if you read the bulk of my post, but that's pretty much what I'm doing already. Using an item ability is a good idea, though, as it helps with all the spellbook crap. Thanks. And I'm still wondering if anyone knows anything definitive about abilities other than Doom.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.