Making a TD Special? Ideas?

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I've finally decided to work on a TD now that I have learned some simple JASS and studied other TD's. I already have a layout (thanks to CaptDeath :thup:), but I need to make something special about it. Something that makes it unique. I will be going on vacation today so I will +rep you all when I get back. If you need any info, Im sure I can give it to you (since I leave in an hour). THANK YOU IN ADVANCED :p

(To make a long post short, I need something that will make a TD unique that hasn't already been done)

Magoiche

Reaction score
When the game stats players can choose one Click Spell.
Can be a explosion. And AoE Slow. Something of the sort.
It make the TD more fun =]

PS: Remember to set something like a box with mana for this Click Spells to prevent spams.

Sk8-tEr

Reaction score
Hmmmm.....

I guess............ You make your own mazing path
|
|
|
|
|
|

and you can only use x amount of mazing path squares and if it doesn't connect you have to redo it or something and if u don't it automatically creates a random maze path for you.

\
|
\/\
|
/

Your builder you can choose from human orc NE and UD

You get gold from killing units
and its kinda like melee where you have a town hall and u make farms and units. whenever u make a footmen say, u can place the footmen somewhere and it becomes like a building with either a large melee range in the mazing path with a low collision size or the footmen could be ranged and sit outside the mazing path.

You can make flying units the same, and you can get a hero, or ur most powerful tower which can get abilities and (TD's with a movable hero are kinda boring though) and probably make the hero into a tower.
You can buy items from shops and u need to make farms to either get more units or towers to defend against the enemies that come.

haha.... yah this prolly sounds dumb idk :S

CaptDeath

Reaction score
you have to let me beta test
hi amount of customizeability for the host
like 4 or so diff choices for each
and there all dialogs
so like
Terrain!
-Snow
-Grass
-Blight
-Dirt
[and creeps would be based off of the terrain{or not and certain creeps get buffs on different terrains}]
Creep Hp
50%
75%
100%
125%
150%
200%
Creep Speed[same values as hp]
50%
75%
100%
125%
150%
200%
Starting Gold
2[towers worth]
Hero Towers
Yes
No
{if yes}
Kicking
Host
50% vote
Rounds
Random Events
Yes
No
{if Yes}
Tornados
Kodo Rape
Immunes
All of the above

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Lol CaptDeath :D

TY guys so far but I am leaving on vacation and I wont be able to reply for 2 days. If you want rep just keep posting ideas and when I come back I will give you +rep. THANK YOU ALL :thup:

(sorry that I cant put up a picture. I am going like RIGHT now :D)

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
Im dont know much about TDs, but how about some creeps have like wind walk and you need to make special tower or a research to get magic sentry?

And over all, creeps would have some abilities and the player could block or reduce the effect of the creeps abilities byt casting something of their own player abilities..

Not sure if its too lame or something, just an idea thou :eek:

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
I don't know if any of these have been used in any TD as I don't really like TD's, but here they are:

Auto Upgrade

How about upgrading towers based on kills instead or in addition to manually upgrading them, lets say a tower gets 10 kills, he upgrades and get +dmg, he gets 50 kills, upgrades and get +dmg and splash. Diffrent auto upgrades on diffrent tower, so one can keep the damagetype VS armortype ratio.

Buffing

No not aura towers, when a tower gets a kills it gets +damage/attackspeed/whatever for a short duration, there could be some special towers that have extremely slow attack speed, but their buff is AoE and better than the regular towers.

'In Position'

Each player has two units, one builder and one 'screamer in lack of a better word, the screamer can put an AoE buff on around him as he runs, if he runs eactly before the wave of mobs he can buff the tower, forcing them in position for the attack, short duration would probably be the most intense.

Fastest Builder get the trophy

There's an ability in whatever town hall thingie you might want to implement in your map, when you are done building you can click the ability counting down seconds until the wave starts, giving the towers a x% bonus to anything for each second the player was ready before the wave, a more these would probably keep the players eyes opened instead of easing back into the chair in later harder waves.

Hero Builder

Don't know if this will actually work, but, instead of a regular builder you have a hero with abilities based of Pocket Factory (o_O? if possible) or any point targetable, he casts the spell and the tower appears. And the hero can train the spells at a house choosing which towers to make better, as he can't afford to upgrade them all to max.
On second thought, with this as a base you would probably rather use units with 0 movement and created at point of ability, don't think there are that many spellid variations to pocket factory.

Hmm, thoose are all that I can think of right now, hopefully some will be of use for you, if not directly they might have gotten your mind open to new ideas!
I'll be back if I can think of some more!

//==GooS

Firezy

Reaction score
xp code unlocking towers/other builders

your only allowed a certain amount of towers/certain types and as the game progresses in levels you can build more/more types

random events happen IE. hills form blocking pathing/creating new pathing etc. etfc.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Invisible Creeps
- Every 10-15 rounds, Invisible Creeps will appear:cool: In every round within 5 rounds before the real Invisible creep wave, players will be warned, so that they could possibly prepare for the oncoming onslaught.

Detector Towers
- These are towers with the ability to detect both invisible and burrowed units.

Observatory
- This is a special structure that has the Reveal ability which reveals an area and can detect Invisible and Burrowed creeps.

Burrowing Creeps
- Ground creeps that can burrow for safety. After 30 sec. they'll emerge from the soil.

Bosses
- Boss levels are much more difficult to conquer. Only one Boss Creep will be spawned from every spawn point in the map. They have lots of HP and some special abilities.

Mass Tower Selling
- In your Town Hall, a Mass Sell ability which sells all towers in an area is available. It comes in 3 AoE sizes, Small Area, Large Area and Huge Area.

Chronic Elemental Tower
- This is a special tower with the ability to turn itself into one of the elemental towers every 1-3 minutes [Fire Ice and Lightning]. When this tower is built, the element for this tower is random. The Elemental Towers have 3 special click spells and 1500 hp or appropriate.

Mobile Towers
- You can make Catapults, Trebuchets, Siege Tanks, Meat Wagon and Demolisher towers that have the ability to be mobile and change their positions. When mobile, they can't attack and they move slowly.

I hope your TD will innovate to be different from all other TD's. Have fun making your map!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
30 seconds to unburrow is gona be a pain in the ass, especaly if your towers are out of reach and or you dont have a detector there

Oh, a suggestion from me
Team Towers
A tower group that consists of two or more tower types, must be built close togeter for their attacks to work

IE
Reflector crystal (has no collision) and Beam Tower
Beam tower channeles into the Reflector crystal, the output damage is then sprayed in a random spot around the crystal dealing damage according to the crystal and the beam tower's levels.

Tower Linkers + Tower Linkers
As long as there is an enimy within the range of a Tower Linker, all other Tower Linkers that are linked with that tower can fire at that target.

And theres also Tower combinations, featured in most Random tower generation games and Fusion TD where you combine two or more towers into a bigger tower.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
all good ideas :thup: (+rep to all the ppl I could in 1 day)

Any more ideas? :D

istar

Reaction score
i dont know if this idea is original
if it is, i think i am imbal
make tetris maze td!
you never know what is the shape of the buildings you are allowed to build next, and objective is to stack them with gaps to make a maze (unlike tetris where you make them stack without gaps)

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
lol thats original but not quite what I am looking for :D (+rep to the ppl I can)

Any more ideas?

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Code:
The Dragon Tower
 After killing 100 units it goes from
Egg
to
Baby
to
Teen
to
Adult
each at 100 kill intervals or w/e you want dragon

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Code:
Random Events
 as in
  Hillary Clintons a B***
  were a female villager takes a random tower away and "locks it outside" for one round

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.