Making/Importing Texture

l-hate_you

Reaction score
I have long downloaded models off on wc3.search and successfully put them into my maps; however, i recently downloaded the free version of Gmax and have gotten to the point on my own where i have made a square, exported it, converted it to .mdx, and successfully put it in a map. I am quite happy with the progress, but the square in the world editor only shows as solid team color. I used the "gmax material editor" (3 colored dots icon) to make the square in gmax have a granite texture on it in .tga format with an alpha layer on it. Do I need to do UVW unwrapping? i have read about it but not yet understood it but believe if i just drop the granite texture on the square in gmax, export it, turn it to .mdx etc. and then import the model and the skin into the world editor, it should work- though like i stated it just shows as team color since the skin must not be working. I tried changing the "address" of the texture before i dropped it on the model, and the texture i used in gmax is .tga and the texture i imported is the same but converted into .blp - is this correct? i hope i provided enough imformation - PLEASE HELP :banghead: :)

M

Maximus

You convert it to mdl first right? In the mdl, open it with Notepad, and then there is a thing like this:
Code:
Images "",
ReplaceableID 0,
change it to
Code:
Images "[B]put the path of the texture for Warcraft here[/B]"
So, remove ReplaceableID 0, and change the extension written in Images "" to .blp. :)

l-hate_you

Reaction score
OHHH thats what it meant about that in the tutorial- i didnt know where to remove that part it just said make sure you do- THANKS!!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.