Making units not follow...?

227Minutes

Reaction score
Hey

I'm making a sort of defense map where you have to protect a city from outside intruders.

The enemies come into the city in time intervals, and attack everything they see.

You have a hero to defend against these enemies.

Is there an efficient way to make it so that they don't follow your hero out of the city, if you were to lure them out there?
I mean, right now, they just follow my hero forever. That would be pretty retarded. The Gameplay constants follow distance or w/e doesn't even apply here, cause its set to an actual number but the enemies go way past that number.

Thanks =]

P.S. In the triggers that I'm using to spawn and move the enemy units, I'm giving them the attack-move command.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
More details?

Actually copy-paste the trigger with WC3 Tags here so that I may look at them.

Bluntly, I'd say its in the triggers that stack and cause enemy units to see your hero as the poor soul who must be stalked and raped, but I believe its triggers not game constants :p

227Minutes

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Movement
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 001 <gen>)

Basically that's it.

educator

Reaction score
events
a unit leaves region 001
conditions
(owner of(leaving unit) equal to (player 11)
actions
order (leaving unit) to attack-move to (center of (region 001))

227Minutes

Reaction score
events
a unit leaves region 001
conditions
(owner of(leaving unit) equal to (player 11)
actions
order (leaving unit) to attack-move to (center of (region 001))

That's not gonna work... it does the same thing that I do, it's not gonna make the enemy unit ignore mine and stop following...

And leaving region 001 doesn't even have anything to do with my problem. lol

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
That's not gonna work... it does the same thing that I do, it's not gonna make the enemy unit ignore mine and stop following...

And leaving region 001 doesn't even have anything to do with my problem. lol

If you make a region that encompasses your city, you can use that trigger to make sure enemy units don't get lured outside too far.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
I just noticed something you wrote earlier.

P.S. In the triggers that I'm using to spawn and move the enemy units, I'm giving them the attack-move command.

Do you give the units a time period like "every 1-2-3-4-5... seconds of time" to attack-move a position of unit?

If you do, no wonder they follow your hero forever. Cuz everytime they see your hero, they attack-move to that position. Then they see it again the next second, and attack-move to it again. You will eventually either stop running and they will catch you or they will continue chasing to you. That's why I said post the triggers that cause problems.

I looked at your trig. Looks very innocent... some other trigger?

Also, set game constants to default things, see if this will fix problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.