UK News Man Dies Of Caffeine Overdose

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A British man died after poisoning himself with two spoonfuls of caffeine powder bought over the internet, local media reported Friday.

Michael Lee Bedford, 23, from Mansfield, central England, was at a party in April when he swallowed caffeine powder that a friend bought online for £3.29 ($5.26), Nottingham Coroner’s Court heard Thursday.

He washed the powder down with an energy drink, and around 15 minutes later began sweating and vomiting blood. He later died at King’s Mill Hospital in Nottinghamshire, central England, the Nottingham Post reported.

The court heard that Bedford ignored the product's recommendation to take no more than one sixteenth of a teaspoon and instead took two spoonfuls of the powder -- ingesting a level of caffeine 70 times more than is usually found in a high-energy drink.

Last edited:

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Darwinism in the works?

Let's see someone die from 2 tablespoons, hell why not, 20 pounds of marijuana.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Anyone remember the Futurama episode where everyone gets like... $100 in some kinda tax refund? And Fry decides to buy 100 cups of coffee and drinks them all in like... What, 3 days?

That's kinda like this guy. Except Fry didn't die.

:D

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
The article lays out that the blame is all on the directions and not the person. Listen, I don't care how small the directions are. If you buy a drug, you obey the small directions on it which give the dosage. The dude's an idiot for neglecting the packaging.

As sqrage said, this is Darwinism at its best. Let the stupid die.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Don't say stuff like that!

Where would we get new members? :D

DUN DUN CHA!

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
To the people who said he was an idiot for doing this....

Um... there's some people who are addicted to caffeine... that is all.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
To the people who said he was an idiot for doing this....

Um... there's some people who are addicted to caffeine... that is all.

I was addicted to caffeine myself. Doesn't mean you fucking take 2 spoons of the shit. There's a difference between being an addict and being stupid.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He didn't remember that the tablespoon you put in the coffee maker only has water running through it.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Same goes for nicotine btw.

Not usually a problem but there are those 'healthy' cigarettes where you just inhale vaporized nicotine (in small doses).
Problem is that you have to refill those wich means you get little bottles of concentrated nicotine.

Dont eat that :>

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Anyone remember the Futurama episode where everyone gets like... $100 in some kinda tax refund? And Fry decides to buy 100 cups of coffee and drinks them all in like... What, 3 days?

That's kinda like this guy. Except Fry didn't die.

:D

I loved how as soon as he had that last cup time stopped. Zoidberg was the greatest in that episode by far though. In fact hes the best in every episode.

Also:
i didn't know caffeine could be bought as a concentrate

pr0-assasin

Reaction score
yeah i stopped cold turkey drinking pop and coffee and caffeine all together 6 years ago, haven't had caffeine since.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.