Crime Man finds 17K, turns it in, Fined $500 for lying about where found

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
An Arlington Heights man was fined $500 after he turned in $17,000 but lied about how and where he actually found the cash, police said today.

Robert Adams, 54, was cited today for filing a false report with the Rolling Meadows Police Department.

On the evening of June 6, Adams found a Chase Bank bag full of cash totaling about $17,000 near a Walgreens ATM in Midlothian, police said. Instead of turning the cash in at that location, Adams drove to Rolling Meadows and turned in the bag at a Chase Bank. He later told police he found the cash outside a newspaper stand in Rolling Meadows.

After investigators reviewed video surveillance, they discovered Adams found the money in Midlothian, according to Rolling Meadows Police Sgt. Tony Gaspari in a news release.

Whole story here.

-------------------------
Moral of the story.... Keep the money. Just saying....

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just when there are some nice people left in the world, they get fined for it.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
That money is traceable. Just saying.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
he probably lied so the police couldn't figure out who it belonged to, then I think he gets it as finders keepers reward or something?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
they should of let him keep the money for being honest.. this is just telling people to take the money and run

do you ask where money comes from when you take it?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I don't even want to know, and as long as others accept me paying with it, I don't care either
Well, if the owner "lets say your neighbor" saw you pic it up. lol
and later that day, Your neighbor asked you if you found the money they lost. Would you give it to them?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.