Mana Touch?

danpe

Reaction score
I answered it in my other post...

Wait a second...

You changed the type of ability you want now? You want a channeling ability that gives mana over time now?
Do you want it to be a buff put on, or a channeling(unit standing still while channeling/casting the spell)?
There is no such thing as a "while" command to my knowledge, no.
Using 'Waits' in a trigger will make it un-MUI (Meaning more units can't use it at once)

Please describe what EXACTLY it is you want now, because this is starting to confuse me :p

Y - Yes
D - Yes the ability has those animations now "Art - Animation Names stand,channel"
T - Damn!
U - It's ok i just need 1 unit at a time to use it...

Nahhh i dont wanna do it like in WoW just copied the name...

Updated trigger:
Code:
Innervate
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Innervate 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Innervate  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Lightning - Create a Drain Mana lightning effect from source (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) to target (Position of (Triggering unit))
                        Wait 1.00 seconds
                        Lightning - Destroy (Last created lightning effect)
                        Unit - Set mana of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Mana of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + 8.33)
            Else - Actions
[/QUOTE]

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Code:
Innervate
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                    Loop - Actions
                        Lightning - Create a Drain Mana lightning effect from source (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) to target (Position of (Triggering unit))
                        Wait 1.00 seconds
                        Unit - Set mana of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Mana of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + 8.33)
            Else - Actions

If you dont want it like wow, why are you creating a spell that almost does the same? This makes 6 ticks that every 1 sec gives 8 mana (almost 50 in the end) over time..
THIS IS LIKE INNERVATE

You are a very confusing boy. Explain yourself better or don't count on getting a response usefull to what you are looking for. We can't read minds you know ;)

Scrab

Reaction score
Whats so wrong with triggers you could just set a view simple ones and be done with it. Triggers make World Editor a hell of a lot easier. Eh but if you want to make it complicated go ahead.

Lumograph090

Reaction score
Whats so wrong with triggers you could just set a view simple ones and be done with it. Triggers make World Editor a hell of a lot easier. Eh but if you want to make it complicated go ahead.

He is saying there is no need for triggers at all because you can just use the base ability Rejuvenation and be done with it, boom no triggers needed! :confused:

Tru_Power

Reaction score
Ummm... How about adding negative valus to mana burn? That should work (unless mana burn doesnt work like that).

lindenkron

Reaction score
No need to further discuss this issue.

If he wants a "Holy Light" that gives mana --> He has the trigger.
If he wants a "Mana over time Spell" (Like innervate, and like the trigger he 'tried to make') --> He has rejuvenation with Mana gain.

--Problem is solved!-- :thup:

danpe

Reaction score
ok ok listen up... its diffrent than innervate...
I know whats innervate is... its diffrent...

here you channel your friend and you need to keep channel him until the spell is done...

How can i check if unit is in range? (i knew it i just forgot)
is this good? (range of ability is set to 600)
Code:
Innervate
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Region centered at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with size (600.00, 600.00)) contains (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                Wait 1.00 seconds
                            Else - Actions
                                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
                                Skip remaining actions
            Else - Actions

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Just to clarify, he wants a reverse Siphon Mana, but the spell will not transfer the caster's mana to a target friendly unit, the target unit just gets mana as long as the spell is being channeled. If the target leaves the range of the spell, the leash is broken and the spell stops, just like Siphon Mana. So he does not want a rejuvenation type spell, or a spell that gives ana in one shot. Try reading more carefully before you start bashing next time.

danpe

Reaction score
Exectly!!!!

Thats what i want but i have tons of bugs and shit with my trigger...
Can someone help me our plz?
Show me a good trigger for this? and which ability to use?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
You're going to want 3 triggers for this. You said you don't need MUI correct?

Base the ability on channel, make it visible, and set the follow through time to however long you want the spell to last. Finally, make sure that you do not disable other abilities while channel is activated (this is an option in the ability editor for channel).

Now:

In the first trigger use (Unit begins channeling and ability) as the event. Then check what ability it is and set the target unit of ability being cast to a variable (I'll call it target) and also set the caster (I'll call it caster) then turn on trigger 2

Trigger 2 is a periodic event in which you set your actions and lightning effects and whatever. Also add an if/then/else so that when target is greater than 600 away from caster, the spell stops.

Here's your template:
Trigger:
  • trigger 2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Distance between (Position of (Caster)) and (Position of (Target))) Less than or equal to 600.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Put your actions here (lightning effects and Set mana).
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop

Now finally, your third trigger will make the spell stop when the caster stops channeling the spell. So use the event (Unit stops casting an ability), check what ability stopped being channeled, and then simply turn off trigger 2.

And of course you can change anything you want to your liking, such as the time interval, distance until the spell is broken, etc.

And also don't forget to remove leaks. And this is not MUI but I believe you stated earlier that you don't need it to be MUI.

Don't have too much fun.

lindenkron

Reaction score
See PrisonLove, if someone had told me it was channeling clearly, and described it like you did, from the beginning. Instead of all this guessing, it might have been alot easyer ;)

-Lindenkron

danpe

Reaction score
Wow man your awsome i did what you said and its working!!!
and yes i dont need MUI thx :D

but i got 1 last problam...
if the target moves while the caster channels him the lightning stays in the same place...
i tried this:
Code:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 1000000000, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Lightning - Move DrainManaEff to source (Position of InnTarget) and target (Position of InnCaster)

and its not working :-/ any help?

+rep for you :D

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Wow man your awsome i did what you said and its working!!!
and yes i dont need MUI thx :D

but i got 1 last problam...
if the target moves while the caster channels him the lightning stays in the same place...
i tried this:
Code:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 1000000000, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Lightning - Move DrainManaEff to source (Position of InnTarget) and target (Position of InnCaster)

and its not working :-/ any help?

+rep for you :D

Don't use the integer in the periodic trigger, just create the lightning effect. Lower the period time if you want it to go more smoothy and just decrease the amount of mana that the unit gets per second.

Or, if you don't want the amount of mana per interval to change you can actually make a fourth trigger (a periodic one) that creates the lightning effects.

See PrisonLove, if someone had told me it was channeling clearly, and described it like you did, from the beginning. Instead of all this guessing, it might have been alot easyer ;)

-Lindenkron

Perhaps if you had read more carefully then you would have come to the same conclusion as me. I had just as much information as you did, sir.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.