Map Downloads, But Doesnt Start Correctly

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
Hello, I was testing my map on battlenet, with a couple of my friends, and i had them download my map. But as they download, and finish, I do not see any numbers of there download, after they reach 99. But they, my friends, say that there download percentage is at 99, and I can start the game. But they get disconnected from battle net as i start the game.

The times that they tried to download before, they usally got kicked off battle net before they reached 99 or 100. It usally says, 'kumquats has exited battle.net', but I can still talk to him in the lobby.

Could this be battle.nets problem? Or is it my problem? My hosting? My map? Any ideas would be very helpful.

I am using regular WE
My map is 5.43 MB
My friends are able to obtain the map, but not after 3 times of rejoining battle.net

I am sorry, but i am not sure if this goes into WEHZ or Wc3 Techincal Support.
I would think its my map. But I am not certain.

+Rep will be given for suggestions.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello, I was testing my map on battlenet, with a couple of my friends, and i had them download my map. But as they download, and finish, I do not see any numbers of there download, after they reach 99. But they, my friends, say that there download percentage is at 99, and I can start the game. But they get disconnected from battle net as i start the game.

The times that they tried to download before, they usally got kicked off battle net before they reached 99 or 100. It usally says, 'kumquats has exited battle.net', but I can still talk to him in the lobby.

Could this be battle.nets problem? Or is it my problem? My hosting? My map? Any ideas would be very helpful.

I am using regular WE
My map is 5.43 MB
My friends are able to obtain the map, but not after 3 times of rejoining battle.net

I am sorry, but i am not sure if this goes into WEHZ or Wc3 Techincal Support.
I would think its my map. But I am not certain.

+Rep will be given for suggestions.

Try sending them the map via MSN/Xfire or whatever. Or upload it to rapid share and let them download it.

Scary Nachos

Reaction score
>Have you tried seeing if your friends can download any other maps from you without getting kicked off?

Yeah they can download others, just not mine.

>Try sending them the map via MSN/Xfire or whatever. Or upload it to rapid share and let them download it.

Tried that over email, didnt work.

Nerzhul

Reaction score
They get disconnected in-game?
If yes check if you aren't using GetLocalPlayer they are very "useful" for desync

Soulshadow

Reaction score
Data Cap

On Battle.net, the largest map you are able to host is 4mb. :( That is your issue.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Have a friend host it, see what happens. If the same issue occures there's something up with your map.

Scary Nachos

Reaction score
>They get disconnected in-game?
No they don't, because we cant test the map.
But by myself, its fine.

>Have a friend host it, see what happens. If the same issue occures there's something up with your map.

Yeah i tried that, it still wont start.

What could cause this? Triggers?

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Try disabling ALL your triggers, or removing them period (make another save map) and then try to host it. If that doesn't work, do imports.

Scary Nachos

Reaction score
>Try disabling ALL your triggers, or removing them period (make another save map) and then try to host it. If that doesn't work, do imports.

Ok, it isnt working still. What else could i do?

EDIT: Ok, it worked once i got rid of all my imports. But when i reinport them, it doesnt work again.
What do i do? Is there a solution to this? Do i reimport all of my stuff? What do i do?

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
check your imports 1 by 1 and c witch 1 is the one causing it then put the imports back in exept the one thats causing it then see whats wrong with that import that is causing this
i dunno what in a import can cause this sorry

mayby when you find witch import it is attach it here and see if some 1 els can work it out for ya

lovexylitol

Reaction score
Maybe the 8mb limit is just a bluff?

Anyway, I think not really many people tried it.

Neither did I actually see a map exceed 4mb.

Try removing some models or whatever.

Scary Nachos

Reaction score
Ive tried and removed all triggers and imports, and before, when i removed my imports, it worked fine, but now it isnt working, so i deleted my imports and triggers and it didnt work. Anything else i could do?

Scary Nachos

Reaction score
BUMP
HELP FRED PLEASE

I HOST MY MAP
THEN WHEN SOMEONE IS DOWNLOADING IT IS FINE
UNTILL THEY REACH 99, THEN THEY GET DISCONNECTED AND THE DOWNLOAD STOPS FOR THE DOWNLOADER.
BUT FOR THE HOST, IT SHOWS UP AS AN O.K. AND DOESNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS.

Anyone know whats going on? Just something will help... thanks +rep's

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.