Map ideas, Lack of skill

Tastyfish

Reaction score
Sorry for the lousy(?) title guys.
Im new here and i have an map idea wich problably isnt pretty original but i like it and i want to do it.
The thing is i want my heros to be able to morph by an icon at their hero when they are close to the intended person (trainer) and have the required item.
I have made the "morph" skill but i cant figure out how to make my idea happen.
It has something to do with a trigger like:
"Event: Unit enters region
Condition: Unit has the required level and item
Action: Make ability 'Morph' Available"

But i have nooo idea how to set it up.
I would be really happy if you could help me :).
Thanks alot.

/Tastyfish

T

Tsuki

Okay I'm not that good in Posting triggers But I'll try to.

Event
Unit - A Unit Enters Region

Conditions
Boolean Comperison - Unit has "Item" Equal to (True)
Integer Comparison - Level of (Entering Unit) Equal to "Level"

Action
Add "Morph" to (Entering Unit)

I think much easier then making the ability Avaiable is to just add it.

Tastyfish

Reaction score
Ok :).
Thanks for the quick answer Tsuki!
When i morph the hero does it totally switch unit?
Doesnt it inherit the stats from the previous one?

D

Democratus

You have to make the comparisons more broad, however. For example, the item-check boolean would be item-type (since I'm assuming it's meant for multiplayer), and the level would be greater than or equal to, since they could have a higher level than required. Also, be cautious of the "Give (unit) (ability)" trigger, since it can interfere with other abilities, etc. Make sure the unit has available space for it. (I would recommend making a spell book with a spell-counter variable).

D

Democratus

I often find that making abilities completely based on triggers is more effective than depending on the ability, since World Editor doesn't always know exactly what you want. Normally, when I do morphs I just make a useless ability called "Morph", and when that unit uses it I simply have a trigger kick in that replaces it with the corresponding unit, then replace the original unit's unit-variable with this unit.

Tastyfish

Reaction score
Ok :).
The last part sounded kindoff hard. Maybe you could try to explain that a bit easier?
One issue im also wondering about is how come some of the models im trying doesnt work?
I have imported the required files (.mdx etc) but the model isnt showing.
It just states theres an .mdl that i cant find anywhere?

D

Democratus

When you import a model file you have to direct it to a replacement path. Simply get it in the import editor and double click it, then check the "set custom path" (or whatever it is) and replace the file path of a dummy unit model file. There is probably a more direct way to do this but this way has worked for me every time.

Also, if you want, I could create a demo of the trigger I use for morphs. I can't right now because I'm at school but I'd love to do it later. I will send you a private message with my contact info so I can get it to you.

Tastyfish

Reaction score
Kindoff offtopic so forgive me if you dont like it but i dont get how to import models.
Ive gotten one to work.
All others just becomes "black & green boxes" when i try to use them.
And it says something about cant find .mdl or similar :(.

Tastyfish

Reaction score
Thank you :).
I have yet another question!
How can i make a text im displaying only visible to the player that entered the region?
Im making the text display when a herotype unit enters the region but i cant get it to work to display for only that player :(.

Xenoche

Reaction score
Code:
Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Entering unit)))) the text: This works!

There ya go :)

Tastyfish

Reaction score
Thanks alot man!
I still have some questions (yea they pop up as the map grows).

1. I want the whole skill set (abilitys) of the hero that uses morph to be changed, is there an easy way to do this and?

2. I have made a spell ("Power javelin" [Yep the name sucks]) and i want a SFX to be displayed the the hit unit and also an sound effect. this things should be on impact. Ive made that with triggers as it is now and its kindoff... iffy ^^.
well.. any tips on how to do this?

3. I would like an AI that first generates at two positions after 5 minutes (20 units, 10 at each point.) and I want them to walk from their spawning point to a region. I succesfully managed that but when i attack them they got were screwing up. Well from that point i want them to try capture two different points and if half of the capture attempting squad makes it to the desired point the capturers get a "victory" and all players in the "captured" team gets minus alot of cash. if the team manages to defeat all the enemies the team gets a victory and a small reward.

|X|--------------|X|
--------------------
|z|--|y|----|y|--|z|
--------------------

What i want is that one bunch of creeps spawns at |z| and that the others spawns at the other |z| (the other side). After that they should be moving towards their corresponding |y| (left |z| goes for left |y| etc) and from there they should try to capture their corresponding |X|.
The |X|'s are the two team bases (team 1 and team 2) and these AI should be creeps.

Sorry if my description is lousy or faulty but its the best i could do.

all questions for now! over and out :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.