Map Protection from Input cheat packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hi, if you've heard of wc3edit you'll know my problem if not.

They add cheat packs into any map if requestion, I personally don't want this as it results in people messing me about hacked versions , yes I have directed them to download only off the website.

Anyway to the point, I want to create an anti cheat pack, I have listed all the more common cheats as variables so I can hopefully do (note not in wc3 editor code format but its still in theory so I've not tried to convert it yet)

Player type chat string

Chat string has a sub string "-"

Chat string = (A0(intergerA) from 00 to 99) - relating to A000 = strign -cheat etc etc,

actions remove player from game

also quoting what they recommend to protect the map

how would I achieve these?

hash codes are checksums for additional security,
something like...
if you got your gold... for example 1829 gold then you
just use simple addition... 1+8 = 9... 9 + 2 = 11... 11 + 9 = 20! (which is named Digit sum)
then you save this digit sum and if someone changes the gold amount you can see that the
digit sum doesn't fits to the gold amount (in most cases) and kick this cheater ;)
so just be creative, using the digit sum isn't a really hard protection, but it
would prevent us from simply inserting a multicheat-pack :)

Heavy encryption + multiple checks = barely anyone will bother with your map.

Thanks in advance

Tru_Power

Reaction score
I lol at you, I a member there and I can hack maps 2 seconds flat, even yours noob. I can change the activator from cheat to -whatevernooblookedihaxxedyourgaymaplol

T

Tubba

I lol at you, I a member there and I can hack maps 2 seconds flat, even yours noob. I can change the activator from cheat to -whatevernooblookedihaxxedyourgaymaplol

How impressive. Maybe you should help him, then?

Of course, the obvious solution would be to make a map no one likes >_>

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
It's not possible to stop people altering your maps war3map.j. If they are sad enough to add cheats to a map or use a cheated map, let them be, other people will not stay in the game for long. Also, making an anti-cheat pack is kind of pointless, because they will just remove your anti-cheat pack or create different commands.

And yeah, that site is pretty degenerative to the wc3 custom gaming community.

J

JJ2197

I want to see how long it takes you to cheat this map

Reaction score
I would've said that an optimizer could at least afford you protection from the unskilled, unexperienced or unintelligent, but the second post in this thread seems to prove me wrong.

The best you can do is hope that your players will only download the official release of the map. There is very little point trying to put an "anti-cheat" in your map.

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you need to cheat to play a Wc3 map, your as good as having no life at all.

Espically when you know how to edit the .j file, your putting your skills to waste.

World Edit is about passion and interest and the mere fact of having people playing your map. If people are going to do this they are nothing but just people who cannot appreciate the effort taken to do up the map.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
You could cheat any game you know, it would only take 5 seconds to cheat, whosyourdaddy takes 1 xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.