map stretch?

alt bringer

Reaction score
im trying to make a larger version of an existing map and was hoping
that i could do a rescaled cut and paste type deal.

any ideas?

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
what do you mean, like, make everything bigger? or add new parts to the map?
and, is it your map? did you hack it? :p so many questions for what you asked.

alt bringer

Reaction score
what i mean is to resize the map, like you would a pic for your wallpaper

to make the ready made map spread out to cover a larger area

(its jus of of blizz's pre fab maps)

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
that would be extremely difficult to do o_O you would have to increase the map size, then increase every doodad's size, then re-place the doodads, and edit every bit of the terrain.

It would actually be an entirely different map >.< im sorry, but there is nothing that i know of that will just "scale entire map to 1.5" :/ and then place it in proportion....

you could try scaling the units and pathing and stuff down, and setting the camera accordingly ;o then, it would seem bigger, but wouldn't actually be bigger :3​

alt bringer

Reaction score
dang, well thanx for info

...dont spose theres a way to get multiple windows of WE running
so i can see em side by side and jus copy it that way eh?

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
umm, kinda :eek: you can open multiple maps and use the "window" thing up at the top and cycle through the ones you have, but every time you change something in a map, go out of it, and try to go back in , you are prompted with a "do you want to save your work from last time you opened this ;o just yeah, its pretty much opening and loading maps, but without having to load them :p

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This is generally achieved by having a larger map with initially small camera bounds. To increase the size of the map, the camera bounds are expanded so the players can see and access more of the map.

EDIT: Oh didn't fully understand your question the first time.

This is very easily done. Download this tool and copy all of the layers over: Here.

Best of luck.

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
omgzors, nuu =o dun use Weu it corrupts maps and does all kinds of other bad stuff :thdown:
p.s if anyone knows exactly why weu isnt good, leme know? o_O plz

edit, lol i think i misunderstood what you were saying that last time, i thought you meant copying it directly...with cntr+c...but did you meant like, looking at one map, then making the other yourself in resemblance of it? =o if so, you could just make the window of WE smaller(like half the screen) then open paint and cntr+v a screenshot of the other part of the map that you want to copy =o if that's what you meant...

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
JNGP gets you teh ladyz.
WEU does not.

Further elaboration not required XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.