Mass Attack help

AEK

Reaction score
Ok, im currently creating a map where i need buildings for each player that allow mass attacking for all units (excluding heroes and wisps) to the middle of the map and each of the bases (top, bottom, left, right etc.) which will continue to mass attack until told to stop.

This is how i thought to do it (fireworks'd SS ftw):
randomnameforfilelol.png

I'm not sure if this is doable (a whollllllle lotta stuff is doable lol.) but if it is possible could someone guide me on how to do this or tell me where to repost this if im posting in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance, AEK

Oh, and i showed the model and minimap just incase it was needed :D

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
What? :confused:

Just base each 'arrow' from the ability Channel.
Then when that 'ability' is casted, pick all units owned by (owner of triggering unit) and order them to attack move to that point.
I guess that's what you wanted.

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
no he wants to keep ordering his units
make abilities and then make a point variable with array then let run a trigger that periodically orders all the wanted units to move to that point
and when your mass orderer casts "stop" then only set the point variable to nothing or to your own base

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Well, yes that would work. Just pause all units when stopped?

Well, You could order every unit owner by player INSERT NAME matching (matching unit) is a wisp = false and is a hero = false. SOMETHING along those lines. At least I think. Anyways I'm just guessing it, I don't got WE on this comp.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Alright, each "arrow" should be based on ability given to the building. Then do:

Event: Unit starts the effect on a ability
Concdition: <The Building> is the triggering unit
Actions: set group = all units owned by owner of triggering unit that are not heroes nor wisps.
if ability is equal to mass mid then
- pick every unit in group and do
-- order picked unit to attack move center of <mid region>

darkRae

Reaction score
If he wants the units to keep Attack-Moving, then :

Make a trigger that periodically picks units (excluding Heroes and Wisps).
And make another trigger that has the event 'Starts the effect of an ability'

When the 2nd trigger is triggered, check the 'arrow' ability casted and set an IntegerVar to 1/2/3/4/5 (bottom, left, right, top, stop)

That 1st trigger, checks if that IntegerVar is 1, order units to attack-move to bottom, if it's 2, order units to attack-move to left, if it's 5, don't order anything / order them to Stop.

Get the picture?

AEK

Reaction score
Thanks for the help i will try it now, i'll try to reword what i was asking because i think i was unclear.

I want to click one of the abilities that are in the screenshot, and i want all my units (except heroes) to move-attack to the selected base (or middle) and to continue making units move-attack there as they are spawned, only stoppign when i tell it to with the stop ability.

But yes, most of that seems reasonable and i can see how it would work, i will try it now :) Thanks for the help, if anything goes amiss i'll come back :p

Edit: I do not see how to do:
"set group = all units owned by owner of triggering unit that are not heroes nor wisps."
Edit2: Also wouldnt: "that are not heroes nor wisps" be in conditions?

darkRae

Reaction score
> reword

You mean "rephrase' :p

Set Variable = Value

Change the value to "Units in Region matching Conditions"
Change 'Region' to 'Playable Map Area'
For the Conditions, use a lot of ANDs.

AEK

Reaction score
>You mean "rephrase' :p

Yeah yeah, lol i'll try that thanks :p

edit: Bah i may aswell quit will im almost ahead :p i hate variables i sitll dont get it im a slow learner :p so firstly im creating a variable called value?

EDIT 2 & 3
Event - Unit - Coral Bed 0032 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability.
Condition - (Ability bing cast) equal to Mass Mid (Neutral Hostile)
- (Triggering unit) equal to Coral Bed 0032 <gen>
Action - Unit- Order (Random Unit from (units in (Playable Map Area) owned by (player 1 red))) to attack move to (Centre of Mid <gen>)

thats all i got so far and im not sure if the action will move all units or a single unit form the entire map. and i still need to stop wisps and heroes form being moved.

AEK

Reaction score
Spawning

Also i've done all my triggering for spawning the units but it spawns one unit then stops ( i want it to spawn 1 unit each second) this is my trigger.

Event: Unit - A unit enters REGION
Conditions: (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to PLAYER 1 (RED)
(Unit-type of (triggering unit)) Equal to WISP
Actions: Wait 1.00 seconds
Create 1 UNIT for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at (centre of REGION)

I put in the wait 1 second thinking that it would produce 1 unit very second, but it waits 1 second then prouces 1 unit, no more.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
So what is the problem?

Couldn't you have turn off (this trigger), wait 5.00 seconds. Turn on (this trigger)
Turning it off does not stop its current actions, unless you use skip remaining actions.

AEK

Reaction score
The problem is at the moment its only spawning one unit and it will only spawn another if i move the unit away and back into the region when i need it to spawn 1 unit per second. Would turning the trigger off and waiting a second and then turning it back on cause it to loop itself and therefore creating a unit each second?

Event: Unit - A unit enters REGION
Conditions: (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to PLAYER 1 (RED)
(Unit-type of (triggering unit)) Equal to WISP
Actions: Create 1 UNIT for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at (centre of REGION)
Turn off (this trigger)
wait 1.00 seconds
Turn on (this trigger)

Would that work?

darkRae

Reaction score
Hmm..?
I don't get what you mean.
You mean you want a unit to enter a region, and then units would start to spawn inside the region every second?

Use 2 triggers.
1st trigger, when a unit enters REGION <gen>, turn on 2nd trigger.
2nd trigger periodically creates units in REGION.

[off-topic]
1111 Post!!!11one!! :D

AEK

Reaction score
Sigh i must be an effing idiot or something, how do i get it to periodically create units. Im going to sleep a bit and try this again tomorrow, Congrats on your 1111th lol. im on what, my 6th? Thanks for all your help tonight :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.