mass entangle + Silence

windale5

Reaction score
Ok i have a mass entangle trigger but what would i have to add in order to stop units/ heroes from using their abilities and items when mas entagled. I do not want to use pause trigger because it causes glitches. They can be hexed or something else. Also this ability is for 400 range but i need it for 3 levels so can somebody post a code that will have higher lvl thus increasing range.

Trigger:
  • MassEntangle
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Silence
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Entagler for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)

Ticer

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • MassEntangle
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 (dummy) at (target point of ability being cast) for owner of triggering unit
    • Unit - Add silence to (last created unit)
    • Unit - set level of (silence) for (last created unit) to (real(level of (your spell)) for (casting unit)
    • Unit - order (last created unit) to cast silence at (target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Entagler for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)

I just wrote that by hand, so don't look for exact phrases or spelling in it, just a rough idea from what I remembered. Also, I think this trigger might contain some leaks. I'll try to get back to that later. Hope this helps.
Edit: added lvl of spell part.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
He probaly wants difrent efects than cluster

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
???
How can you use an effect different from cluster? Lightning effect? Why would he want that?

windale5

Reaction score
ok

ok lets forget them stuns can you just plz post a code to make this spell into 3 lvls with ability to increase AOE.

bOb666777

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • MassEntangle
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (300.00 + ((Level of Silence for (Casting Unit)) * 100)) of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions

Based off the trigger you posted.

Gtam

Reaction score
U need to create 1 unitgroup and 1 point and remove them

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That trigger has leaks. Fix it, it will cause lags in the game. Fixed trigger:

Trigger:
  • MassEntangle
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Mass_Entagle_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Mass_Entagle_Point = (Targeted point of ability being Cast)
      • Set Mass_Entagle_Group = (Units within (300 + ((Level of Silence for Mass_Entagle_Caster)) * 100 or whatever)) of (Mass_Entagle_Point)) matching (((Matching unit) is a structure equal to false) and ((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) equal to false and (Matching unit) is alive equal to true) and ((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Owner of Mass_Entagle_Caster)))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Mass_Entagle_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Mass Entagle Dummy for (Owner of (Mass_Entagle_Caster)) at (Mass_Entagle_Point)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set Mass_Ensnare_Dummy = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Entangling Roots(Custom Spell) to Mass Ensnare Dummy
          • Unit - Set Level of Entangling Roots(Custom Spell) for Mass_Ensnare_Dummy to ((Level of Silence for Mass_Entagle_Caster))
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Mass_Ensnare_Dummy
          • Unit - Order Mass_Ensnare_Dummy to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Mass_Entagle_Point)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Mass_Entagle_Group)

Make sure you have the Mass Entagle Dummy and his cast backswing and cast point values set to 0 or 0.001.

Gtam

Reaction score
Igor why do u have that long triger just use bobs one with variables

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Igor why do u have that long triger just use bobs one with variables
Hmm maybe cuz Bobs one doesn't have proper conditions to check what units to pick...

Gtam

Reaction score
K then us bobs one with variables and the right condition to pick the units

windale5

Reaction score
igorz doesn't work

i have the problem that it only entagles only 1 unit instead of many. What am i doing wrong.

Trigger:
  • MassEntangle
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mass Entangle (Naga Siren)
    • Actions
      • Set Mass_entagle_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Mass_Entagle_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Mass_Entagle_Group = (Units within (300.00 + ((Real((Level of Silence (Dark Ranger) for Mass_entagle_Caster))) x 100.00)) of Mass_Entagle_Point matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and ((((Triggering u
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Entagler for (Owner of Mass_entagle_Caster) at Mass_Entagle_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set Mas_Ensnare_Dummy = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Entangling Roots (Siren) to Mas_Ensnare_Dummy
          • Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots (Siren) for Mas_Ensnare_Dummy to (Level of Silence (Dark Ranger) for Mass_entagle_Caster)
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Mas_Ensnare_Dummy
          • Unit - Order Mas_Ensnare_Dummy to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Mass_Entagle_Point)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Mass_Entagle_Group)

I have the word real added is that make it wrong???

Gtam

Reaction score
U said level of silence(dark ranger) shouldnt it be mass entangle

windale5

Reaction score
ok fixed

ok i fix that but it only engles 2 heroes and no units at all. Can some help me fix this.

bOb666777

Reaction score
You're destroying the point and the group before actually looping through all the units. You need to destroy them AFTER the loop, not inside. Should look like this:

Trigger:
  • MassEntangle
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mass Entangle (Naga Siren)
    • Actions
      • Set Mass_entagle_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Mass_Entagle_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Mass_Entagle_Group = (Units within (300.00 + ((Real((Level of Silence (Dark Ranger) for Mass_entagle_Caster))) x 100.00)) of Mass_Entagle_Point matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and ((((Triggering u
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Entagler for (Owner of Mass_entagle_Caster) at Mass_Entagle_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set Mas_Ensnare_Dummy = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Entangling Roots (Siren) to Mas_Ensnare_Dummy
          • Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots (Siren) for Mas_Ensnare_Dummy to (Level of Silence (Dark Ranger) for Mass_entagle_Caster)
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Mas_Ensnare_Dummy
          • Unit - Order Mas_Ensnare_Dummy to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Mass_Entagle_Point)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Mass_Entagle_Group)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.