Maximum map dimensions and size for bnet?

Mandrilx

Reaction score
Quick 2 questions guys:

1) Is the maximum map size dimension 256x256? I think someone told me long ago there was a way to expand it more but if there is, how do I do it and will it work when the map is over in bnet?

2) 1.24b expanded maximum map size from 4mb to 8mb, does this apply to the max size playable over battle net too?

Just wondering, Thanks!

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
1) Is the maximum map size dimension 256x256? I think someone told me long ago there was a way to expand it more but if there is, how do I do it and will it work when the map is over in bnet?

Get Newgen.

2) 1.24b expanded maximum map size from 4mb to 8mb, does this apply to the max size playable over battle net too?

Yes.

Mandrilx

Reaction score

Get Newgen.

I use NewGen dear pachango, care to elaborate on how do I go about doing it? And, is it possible to perform on an existing map?

Thanks.

meOme

Reaction score
1)
* Check "Grimoire --> Enable no limits" (removes doodad- and unit-limit too).
* For existing maps, go to "Szenario --> Map Size and Camera Bounds" and change the map size as you want.

2)
The increase from 4mb to 8mb only applies to Battle.net. Everything else (Single Player, LAN) allways was unlimited.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I use NewGen dear pachango, care to elaborate on how do I go about doing it? And, is it possible to perform on an existing map?

Thanks.

Click UMSWE and tick Enable UMSWE, now re-load Newgen, go into Map Size and camera bounds, and you can extend it past 256.

Mandrilx

Reaction score
Great thanks guys! +rep

Edit: Just to be clear if someone stumbles with this post in the future and needs this info:
Use NewGen, check the Enable No Limits (on grim, as activating UMSWE alone will not let you expand both sides unless No Limits is checked), expand the size on Map Size and Camera Bounds.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.