Maya 6.0 -> Warcraft TFT

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
I'm good with Maya 6.0 and have been modeling with it etc. And I wanted to know if there was any way to export to warcraft type files directly instead of having to get it to 3ds max and then warcraft.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Ah...I have maya 6 unlimited too....

Well, it'd be a very crude copy...since I don't think the animations carry over. You should get Milkshape and load maya models into it. Then, you can take the object and save it as a .gmax. THEN, you can upload it in gmax and use some plugins (can be found at wc3sear) to prep it for warcraft III. However, I do believe you MAY be able to use plugins to pull it right off of milkshape, but I don't think you can pull it directly off of Maya because the original warcraft models were made (and thus linked in this way) by 3dsmax (an older version you can't get without illegally pirating for it) which is an expensive extension of gmax. Milkshape just so happens to correspond with just about every single modeling software out there, so you'd be able to load from maya and make it a gmax file, for instance.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.