Melee Map Clan?

Blood Shaman

Reaction score
Whenever I spend all my time and hardwork into a good ol' Melee map and host it on Battle Net, No one plays it because its just a regular map...

So I was wondering if people were interested maybe we could create a Melee Map Clan that Makes and Plays Melee maps together..

I don't know its just an idea, but I might as well make it a thread.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Sorry, but unless the melee maps are part of ladder, no one will play them because there's no point in doing so, it's just extra time to think up strats for maps that no one will actually play in competition. Even then, this is mostly a custom game forum, so I don't think you'll have luck.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Unless you "spice" it up a little bit (adding 1 or a few new units per race, and/or hero, of course balanced) then maybe people will think of it.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
If you are having trouble with people joining a game, I'd take a different approach.

If you use a name like, "New Melee Map, Come Quick" you might get one or two people. But if you make a map name like, "NEW GAME JOIN FAST!!!!!!" you might get more people to join. :D

It works for me when hosting games that aren't so popular.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Also, i have my battle.net options to Scenario only. Meaning i won't see any Melee Maps in my list.

Maybe you could make a guide-map. Sort of tells people what to do, and fast. A lot of people would be encouraged so they can try some ladder. THEN you could get a clan if you get a good community of teaching people to play ladder good.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
For the people who uses scenario maps only. What if you added like 1 trigger that does absolutly nothing. Then it won't be a melee map and be considered a senario map. But it could also backfire in making people believe that there are cheats.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.