Motherships

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
MOTHERSHIPS

DESCRIPTION:
"Take yourself on a journey into deep space, where a ferocious battle has erupted. Join your comrades, by choosing your mothership and entering the deadly battle grounds..."

The idea for this came about when I played Battle Tanks (and enjoyed it very much). I noticed that Battleships was a variation of this, and i decided to make a further variation by send the battle to space. I'm using the traditional ideas, such as the modified 'pheonix fire' abilty attached to items to give the "auto-firing" effect. And I've managed to add in my own systems and features such as squads, which are smaller versions of ships that automaticaly fly around the Mothership and do minor Pheonix Fire damage.

Anyway, there isnt really much of a story, like Battle Tanks or Battleships. I've just taken models from stories like Star Wars, StarCraft and Star Trek, and put them into one map. Its quite a good concept for me, and im hoping it gets some sort of recognition on bnet.

TEAM MEMBERS:
Team Leader : Vulcansurge
Terrainer : Raydude

CURRENT PROGRESS:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| (70%)

Currently working on:
- JASSing the map
- Changing the fighterships engine
- Adding items and upgrades
- Adding AI (more likey trigger) controlled spawns.
- Recuiting a modeller/skinner​

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD:

MOTHERSHIPS Open Beta Release 03​

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Can't wait for the release. Good Luck on your map..

o_O Reminds me of Homeworld and Space Cowboy (It has a weird name but its an MMO3D Aircraft Based Game)

denmax

Reaction score
Some stuff that I have observed:
• The shadow texture is not a flyer, change it please
• Shouldn't that be Anti-Starship Turrets (XD nvm)?
• Interceptors/Flight Groups can be selected, is that part of the game?
• The docks I know is the source of repair, but maybe you could make it unselectable (just my suggestion)
• The sky textures (scroll on side) is black, if it is possible to edit it like in your water or something then please do so..

C

Chups

Are there only small space ships and really only 2 slots for the weaps and stuff? :(

Suggestion:

Have a Variety of Spaceships
Open All 6 Slots
Give only one starting weapon and squad(no buffet-like thing, like u did)
All Rockets Like Thing must have their own HP so that it would be destroyed by machineguns,lasers,etc before it damages the ship(Like in Gundam Seed)
Lasers should be defelcted by laser too before it reaches the ship

:D

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
There will be 3 ships as far as I know, starting one has 2 slots, next one has 4, then the most expensive one has all 6.

Damaging weapons before damaging ships would be:
a) hard to trigger
b) a pain in the ass, I'd rather lose hull dmg than weapon dmg >_<

Uhm, vulc, quick suggestion.
All ships should come with basic abilities. The first ship should start with 2 weak sets of ships (not item slots however, just a basic ability) and 1-2 turrets. Just 2 items is, well, lame.

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That starter ship (level 0) has only two slots, and will have two abilities. The next level of ships (level 1) will have six slots, 4 abilities and increased hp and mana. The next (level 2) will have further increased hp and mana, and better abilities. The last will be repeated until (level n)...

I am considering a starting weapon for the ships but no starter squad, squads are too powerful. But the abilities that elmst mentioned (2 weak ships, 2 weak turrets) are probably not possible considering I'm using two slots for standard abilities (hull improvements, repair technologies) and two to match the ship (Star Destroyer : Warp Drive, Ion Cannon).

Like elmst said, making rockets with hp is near impossible to script, but it was a good idea thanks :p.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Those are units...
Vulcan would have to re-trigger everything to do that.
(Not to mention we thought you meant the items)

However some ships having the capabilities of anti-missile turrets... That'd be interesting ;)

denmax

Reaction score
I think it is just me but the turrets is always concentrated on the Hero than firing on the damn Interceptors for flares T-T...

Is that just me? Or does anyone notice that as well?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I need these models !
Where did you get them?
hiveworkshop?
plz give me the links xD

I will test map soon.
Hope i can give you some advice....

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I thought we meant the actual rockets, elmst :p.

Yes that does happen often denmax, with all types of ships. I want the turrets to be able to target both the Motherships and the Fighterships. Any way I could do this... Maybe those turrets should have multiple attacks.

All the models have come from www.wc3sear.ch. The site was taken over by Hiveworkshop and he currently converting the models section over so you'd better hurry before the models are gone.

WindexGlow

Reaction score
I believe I've seen the option someplace for units to automaticly target heroes, I'm not too sure though.

C

Chups

well i really think that having anti-missile equipment destroying rockets, lasers deflecting lasers would make the map more interesting and more realistic for a speacewar :)

johnnyfire

Reaction score
Can lasers deflect lasers... i dun think so because they are both light they just go right thru eachother, but anti missle is a good idea... maybe you could make a heat seeking ABM

C

Chups

just light? -_-
i think its more than just a light -_-

wat abt the light sabers clashing against each other?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
You should have two options:
Auto firing (just auto acquires targets)
And not auto, where you use an ability to specify a target

But wait, aren't the abilities based off of an auto attack or something?
Then again, if the ships are units you could order them to attack a variable (which is the player's target)

johnnyfire

Reaction score
just light? -_-
i think its more than just a light -_-

wat abt the light sabers clashing against each other?

Star Wars is just a movie, its not based on fact. have you ever seen lasers deflect eachother in real life?
anyway... thats not important becuz its just in a game so you could have it do that:D

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I dont like the lasers deflecting lasers idea. However I might make a particular weapon (not all of them) a unit and have it fire on regular intervals. And maybe only certain weapons can deflect them.

Im also thinking about flares. It seems a little farfetched, but maybe they could fly out in a circle and then use Taunt to draw enemy fire. This would be a good hero ability for a starship.

Im trying to add that spellbook thing you mentioned before Elmst. You're quite good with JASS now, so I'll PM if I have trouble, see if you can help out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.