Move position of Learn Skill Button?

ChaosWarlock

Reaction score
Is it possible to move the position of the button heroes have to learn a skill to another location.

It is at position 3,1 as default and I would like it to be at 0,2 for the map I am working on.

I searched for the answer for this and couldn't find anything either way.

Thanks in advance and + rep if you know the solution.

svenski

Reaction score
Moving Hero Skill Button

Yeah that's easy. Open your object editor, click the "Abilities" tab, find the desired ability, and change the "Art - Button Position - Normal(X)" or "Art - Button Position - Research(X)" or the "(Y)" fields that correspond to your desires.

The "Normal" position is where it shows up after you learn it, the "Research" position is where it shows up in your "new abilities" menu on your hero.

Take note that if the hero already has a different ability in that spot, WCIII will slide one of them over a slot to make them all fit. Keep track of all the hero abilities in the Object Editor for your hero and make sure none have overlapping button placements.

ChaosWarlock

Reaction score
I'm sorry I must not have explained it well. I know how to do what you are saying. I want to move the button that looks like a + to a different spot. The button that you click on to look at all of the spells that you can learn.

I hope this explains it better.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.