Move Unit to Region Bug?

eowdapogi

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i'm creating my own map for a school thesis of some sort and i have a tutorial cinematics part where i order a unit to go to a region to demonstrate the game controls. but anyway i use the trigger Unit - order unit to move to <center of region name> and after that i order the unit to stop (issue order with no target) but instead of the unit stopping , it walks back to original spot where i created it (like the unit is on rally-point mode or something).

i know my explanation is a bit confusing but i need help. thanks in advance. :shades:

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Is it some sort of AI problem? You could try the trigger AI - Ignore Unit's Guard Position, see if that works.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Does your unit belong to Neutral Hostile or somesuch? Neutral players' AI tends to do strange things. It likes to claim a spot as its camp and return to it as often as possible.

Using an empty player slot might turn out better.

chobibo

Level 1 Crypt Lord
Reaction score
Use a non-neutral player controller (Player 1 - 12) for the units, or edit something in the gameplay constants, I don't know exactly what, going to test later.

eowdapogi

Reaction score
the unit is owned by Neutral Passive. I'll try to change the owner to player 12.. thanks guys. :)

eowdapogi

Reaction score
hmm.. i already tried changing the owner of the unit to Player 12 (Brown) but it still goes back to it's original position and doesn't even finish the commands i order it to do..

Commands
- move to region 1
- set level to 25
- add skill point to earthquake
- use earthquake on region 2
- move to region 2

but the unit doesn't even finish casting earthquake then goes back to it's original position.. i'm stumped..

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
That's because your ordering it to move to region 2 before it can even start earthquake. Unless your "Commands" are incorrect. Are they exactly what it looks like in your trigger?

Remember to put in the Ignore unit's Guard Position.

eowdapogi

Reaction score
That's because your ordering it to move to region 2 before it can even start earthquake. Unless your "Commands" are incorrect. Are they exactly what it looks like in your trigger?

in my cinematic, the unit i'm ordering actually casts earthquake but after it casting the ability, instead of going to region 2 it goes to it's original position..

anyway thanks guys for all your suggestions, i got pissed and just changed the cinematic around. i need to study harder on triggers and the such.. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.