Movie Review: The Longest Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Some may know of it, some may not But there's a new Adam Sandler movie out, called of course: The Longest Yard

The Longest Yard is about Paul Crewe, an ex-football player who was known as being great. However, he gets banned from football for shaving points off an important game, which is of course against the rules. I think it's also a crime, but I'm not sure. Anyway, he lives with his girlfriend, and the two can't stand each other. In the beginning of the movie, he goes out, drunk, to drive his girlfriend's car. They fight over the phone, and he eventually causes a wreck with about 10 cop cars Jail time! Sentenced to 3 years.

Now, the Warden of the jail is a huge football fan. He even has a football team of guards, and they have a small league with other prisons. He wants Crewe to make a team of convicts to face off against the guards. He doesn't really want to, though, but is convinced with a threat of a longer sentence.

The movie follows Crewe as he starts off with little friends (shaving points off a football game can be a HUGE thing to a bunch of guys who have nothing better to do but sit and watch T.V. all day) and eventually winds up with a family within the prison, as he assembles his team.

I won't tell you the end, since it IS a good movie I would recommend the movie to ANYONE who's an Adam Sandler fan. It's not JUST a football movie, is has some drama, and a lot of humor. Also, if you're into sports entertainment wrestling, such as World Wrestling Entertainment, you'll see a few familiar faces. Goldberg, Stone Cold Steve Auston, Diamond Dallas Page, and Kevin Nash all make appearence.

So, in conclusion, I implore you:

Go see The Longest Yard.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Amen. I saw it on Saturday. Great movie...espcially the unbelievable antics and the tension between the prisoners and the guards.
"I don't want to play football." "That guard is going to be playing." Prisoner looks over at the guard. "I'm in." (Prisoner is over six feet tall, heavily muscled, and the guard suddenly looks uncomfortable) Thats not exactly how it happened, but you get the idea.

Alexander, get rid of the part about Caretaker, thats a big spoiler.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Good point. Took it out. Now, muahahaha, if you didn't read it, and wanna know what ABOUT "Caretaker" (Chris Rock), GO WATCH THE DAMN MOVIE! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.