Mui spell, Custom values and movement not working!

Tastyfish

Reaction score
Hi guys!
It's me... Again!!! :D

I've remade the spell i've made to spawn 3 (or the number you choose in trigger editor) electric orbs at once.

Now I cant get the spell to function properly at the first cast and when it does works everything is like sped up x3 (orbs move in hyperspeed ._.).

Heres the triggers:
Initial trigger
Code:
Orbital 3and3
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to test three 
    Actions
        -------- Checks if Orbital_CustomValue is less then 1000, if not it resets it to 1 --------
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Orbital_CV Less than 1000
            Then - Actions
                Set Orbital_CV = (Orbital_CV + 1)
            Else - Actions
                Set Orbital_CV = 1
        -------- Setting variables --------
        Unit - Set the custom value of Orbital_Caster[Orbital_CV] to Orbital_CV
        Set Orbital_Caster[Orbital_CV] = (Triggering unit)
        Set Orbital_CasterCV[Orbital_CV] = (Custom value of Orbital_Caster[Orbital_CV])
        Set Orbital_DmgRange[Orbital_CV] = 100.00
        Set Orbital_MaxProjectiles[Orbital_CV] = 3
        Set Orbital_Angle[Orbital_CV] = 90.00
        Set Orbital_ProjectileRange[Orbital_CV] = 200.00
        Set Orbital_CurrentDuration[Orbital_CV] = 0.00
        Set Orbital_MaxDuration[Orbital_CV] = 15.00
        Set Orbital_temppt = (Position of Orbital_Caster[Orbital_CV])
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(Orbital_CasterCV[Orbital_CV]))
            If - Conditions
                Orbital_CasterCV[Orbital_CV] Equal to 0
            Then - Actions
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to Orbital_MaxProjectiles[Orbital_CV], do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Electric Ball for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Orbital_temppt offset by Orbital_ProjectileRange[Orbital_CV] towards ((Real((Integer A))) x (360.00 / (Real(Orbital_MaxProjectiles[Orbital_CV])))) degrees) facing Orbital_temppt
                        Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to Orbital_CasterCV[Orbital_CV]
                        Unit - Pause (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
                        Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Orbital_UnitGroup
                        Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Orbital_ProjectileGroup[Orbital_CV]
                Unit - Set the custom value of Orbital_Caster[Orbital_CV] to Orbital_CV
            Else - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in Orbital_ProjectileGroup[Orbital_CasterCV[Orbital_CV]] and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to Orbital_MaxProjectiles[Orbital_CV], do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Electric Ball for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Orbital_temppt offset by Orbital_ProjectileRange[Orbital_CV] towards ((Real((Integer A))) x (360.00 / (Real(Orbital_MaxProjectiles[Orbital_CV])))) degrees) facing Orbital_temppt
                        Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to Orbital_CasterCV[Orbital_CV]
                        Unit - Pause (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
                        Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Orbital_UnitGroup
                        Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Orbital_ProjectileGroup[Orbital_CasterCV[Orbital_CV]]
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Orbital_temppt)

Periodic event trigger:
Code:
Orbital Effect 3and3
    Events
        Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        (Number of units in Orbital_UnitGroup) Greater than 0
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Orbital_UnitGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Orbital_tempinteger = (Custom value of (Picked unit))
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(Orbital_tempinteger))
                    If - Conditions
                        Orbital_CurrentDuration[Orbital_tempinteger] Greater than or equal to Orbital_MaxDuration[Orbital_tempinteger]
                    Then - Actions
                        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Deleting stuff
                        Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
                    Else - Actions
                        Game - Display to (All players) the text: moving stuff
                        -------- Moves the orbital unit --------
                        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Orbital_ProjectileGroup[Orbital_tempinteger] and do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of Orbital_Caster[Orbital_tempinteger]) offset by Orbital_ProjectileRange[Orbital_tempinteger] towards ((Angle from (Position of Orbital_Caster[Orbital_tempinteger]) to (Position of (Picked unit))) + 5.00) degrees)
                        -------- Sets current duration +0.04 --------
                        Set Orbital_CurrentDuration[Orbital_tempinteger] = (Orbital_CurrentDuration[Orbital_tempinteger] + 0.04)

I removed some parts from the periodic event (I want to focus on orbiting only first). The way I create the units should be in the same way as the first try but I have a new way of putting the units there.

I've also set a custom value to the casting unit to make identyfing easier.
The messages are there to help me but they didn't help me in the end :p.

Help to solve my predicament would be greatly appreciated as I problably would have to abandon this spell if its not solved :(.

Cheers tastyfishes!

Tastyfish

Reaction score
Ok I solved the first cast problem myself...
It was quite easy actually ^^.

Now to my other questions:
- How can I make the spell so that the "orbs" keeps their distance to eachother and dont clot up?
- Are there any leaks that I missed?
- Why did I have to set the movement speed of my units to +1.00 even though it was +5.00 in the previous trigger?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.