Multiboard Related Questions

Sp3tZn4z

Cool Member
Reaction score
Or I should learn more so I can make 'em :thup:.

If anyone can help me make the next multiboard it would be awsome :), i've tried making it several times and i'm not getting anywhere.
I'm gonna try and show how it should look like.

I don't have anything anymore because I deleted all the things I made for this multiboard because the names weren't even showing up.

Code:
             [COLOR="Orange"][Current Level: (number)][/COLOR]                         
[COLOR="Orange"][Player Name]                         [Kills][/COLOR]          
[COLOR="Red"](red's name)[/COLOR]                       (red's kills)     
[COLOR="Blue"](blue's name)[/COLOR]                      (blue's kills)      
[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"](teal's name)[/COLOR]                      (teal's kills)      
[COLOR="Indigo"](purple's name)[/COLOR]                    (purple's kills)    
----------------------------------------------------------
[COLOR="Orange"][Total Kills][/COLOR]                     (sum of all kills)   
[COLOR="Orange"][Lives Left] [/COLOR]                        (lives left)

Things that are optional is making the name of the players only show up when they are playing with the corresponding color.

Anyway if I ever release the map i'm working on the people who helped would be mentioned. Alot of people already helped but some don't even know it because they wrote the tutorials I followed :).

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
What are "Kills" supposed to count?
Anything?
Anything, but it must be an enemy?
Anything that is an enemy but not Neutral Hostile?
Heroes only?
Something else?

And, what are those "Lives"?

Sp3tZn4z

Cool Member
Reaction score
Ow it's a TD so the creeps are the ones getting killed and the lives are well how many creeps can reach the end without you or the team dying. Sry for not mentioning it in my first post.

So the creeps are (they are also in a player group variable called inGameCreeps, if that's usefull for this) :
Player 9 (Gray)
Player 10 (Light Blue)
Player 11 (Dark Green)
Player 12 (Brown)

AceHart

Reaction score
Creating the board is rather simple:
Trigger:
  • MB Init
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Players = (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)))
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and ((Number of players in Players) + 3) rows, titled Current level: 1
      • Set MB = (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for MB item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the width for MB item in column 0, row 0 to 4.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for MB item in column 1, row 0 to 8.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB item in column 0, row 0 to 0
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB item in column 1, row 1 to Players
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB item in column 2, row 1 to Kills
      • Set TempInteger = 2
      • Player Group - Pick every player in Players and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set PlayerNumber = (Player number of (Picked player))
          • Set PlayerRow[PlayerNumber] = TempInteger
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MB item in column 1, row TempInteger to (Name of (Picked player))
          • Set TempInteger = (TempInteger + 1)
      • Set RowTotal = TempInteger
      • Set RowLives = (RowTotal + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB item in column 1, row RowTotal to Total
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB item in column 1, row RowLives to Lives
      • Multiboard - Set the color for MB item in column 0, row 1 to (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the color for MB item in column 0, row RowTotal to (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the color for MB item in column 0, row RowLives to (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency

The kills for a given player are in
Column 2, Row PlayerRow[Player number of <player>]

Total and lives in rows RowTotal and RowLives.

> if that's useful for this

It depends... do you need help with setting up a trigger to count and update kills?

AceHart

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • MB Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 9 (Gray) Dies
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 10 (Light Blue) Dies
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 11 (Dark Green) Dies
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Killing unit) Not equal to No unit
      • ((Owner of (Killing unit)) is in Players) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Kills[0] = (Kills[0] + 1)
      • Set PlayerNumber = (Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))
      • Set Kills[PlayerNumber] = (Kills[PlayerNumber] + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB item in column 2, row PlayerRow[PlayerNumber] to (String(Kills[PlayerNumber]))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB item in column 2, row RowTotal to (String(Kills[0]))

Sp3tZn4z

Cool Member
Reaction score
Thx for all the help AceHart i'll continue setting up the multiboard and if I have more troubles i'll reply here. Map is starting to have tons of Variables atm so bugs are bound to be created at this point :), but those are easily fixed. And as I said if this map ever gets released i'll put all the people who helped in the credits.

AceHart

Reaction score
> (Entering unit) Equal to (==) No unit

What are the chances of the entering unit not to exist?

> ... lives[5]

Um... 5? Why is that an array, it's only one value.

AceHart

Reaction score
> Set lives = 5

That really should be somewhere else.
In some "map init" trigger for example.
Or just forget that line and put 5 as default value.

Set lives = lives - 1
Multiboard - Set the text ... String(lives)

> to 10 at the start of the map

The multiboard trigger up here set everything to 5.
If you want something else to start with, add one more line at the end that does so.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.