My Skin Won't Work

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to learn how to skin, because I've never done that before, so I followed this tutorial and I must say it's really good and easy to follow.

So, I Downloaded GIMP 2.0, extracted the Rifleman Skin and off I went... I edited it till my likings, saved it as RiflemanEdited.tga and then I went to the Image Extractor, I converted it to .blp and I imported it in a test map, I saved the map, shut down WE, restarted it, loaded the map, changed the Path of the unit to units/human/rifleman/rifleman and many other paths... BUT THE SKIN DIDN'T WORK...

Anyone has read this all and understands why it doesn't work?

Please tell me :(

Thanks in advance...

S

Spoony

When you made the path "units/human/rifleman/rifleman", did you type ".blp" on the end (I ask you this because you didn't in your post, and if you didn't in WE, then that is probably your problem)?
If so, then are you absolutely positive that your path is the same as where you got the skin in the first place?

K

Kerberos

What's always worked for me is to save a backup copy of the original skin, in case you want to change it back, and then just delete the .blp file in war3x.mpq (or wherever you got the skin) and replace it by saying, "a Units/Human/Rifleman...", then selecting the modified skin.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Alpha Channel is black?

What do you mean by "BUT THE SKIN DIDN'T WORK..."? What do you see? Do you see, a green checkered box, a selectable invisible unit or you just don't see the skin change to the modified one?

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
When you made the path "units/human/rifleman/rifleman", did you type ".blp" on the end (I ask you this because you didn't in your post, and if you didn't in WE, then that is probably your problem)?
If so, then are you absolutely positive that your path is the same as where you got the skin in the first place?

Hmm, I didn't do the .blp thingy

*goes trying it now :p*

Alpha Channel is black?

What do you mean by "BUT THE SKIN DIDN'T WORK..."? What do you see? Do you see, a green checkered box, a selectable invisible unit or you just don't see the skin change to the modified one?

Well...,,, it just didn't work, I just got the normal Rifleman Skin ...

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
You do know that the paths are case sensitive? It should be like this:
Units/Human/Rifleman/Rifleman.blp
The tutorial proberly mentioned this, but once you imported the skin, double click it, tag the "Use Custom Path" and type in the above.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Yes. And make sure you have the alpha layer and the skin image must be in 32 BIT. (It does that automatically)

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Thanks Andrew and Tom Jones, but Spoony's advice did the job...

+rep to Spoony

However, TOm jones... you say it must be case sensitive, mine isn't but it still works...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.