My trigger is causing game-breaking lag

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Hi, I've made a triggered ability but whenever I use it on a group of enemies it causes the game to freeze up and crash. Here is the trigger:
Code:
Big Bang effect
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Big Bang 
    Actions
        Set BigBangReal = 0.00
        Set BigBangTarget = (Target point of ability being cast)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 36, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Big Bang circ for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (BigBangTarget offset by 500.00 towards BigBangReal degrees) facing BigBangTarget
                Set BigBangReal = (BigBangReal + (360.00 / 36.00))
                Set BigBangLeak = (Position of (Last created unit))
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_BigBangLeak)
        Unit - Create 1 Big Bang vortex for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at BigBangTarget facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Wait 1.50 seconds
        Unit - Create 1 Big Bang ex for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at BigBangTarget facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at BigBangTarget, dealing (((Max life of (Triggering unit)) - (Life of (Triggering unit))) x 10.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_BigBangTarget)

It should create a ring of units around the target point as well as creating a vortex unit and an explosion unit, which it does fine. Then it damage any units in the area by (the users max hp - the users current hp) X 10. It works fine so long as I don't cast it on any units, as soon as their are units within the circle the whole thing lags.

I'm guessing that either I've missed some huge leaks or that the game can't compute all the damage on the units in the area?

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try creating less units at a time and see if that helps.

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Number of units should be no problem if you're not on an awfully slow computer, but it leaks points.'

Trigger:
  • Action
    • Unit - Create 1 Big Bang circ for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (BigBangTarget offset by 500.00 towards BigBangReal degrees) facing BigBangTarget
    • Set BigBangReal = (BigBangReal + (360.00 / 36.00))
    • Set BigBangLeak = (Position of (Last created unit))
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BigBangLeak)

should be
Trigger:
  • Action
    • Set BigBangLeak = (BigBangTarget offset by 500.00 towards BigBangReal degrees) facing BigBangTarget)
    • Unit - Create 1 Big Bang circ for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (BigBangLeak)
    • Set BigBangReal = (BigBangReal + (360.00 / 36.00))
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BigBangLeak)

And you can do without BigBangReal I think, by using a this:
Trigger:
  • Set BigBangLeak = (BigBangTarget offset by 500 towards (Integer A * 10))

That's the only leaks I can see.

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Hmm, I disabled the functions which create the ring of units but it still lags massively, so I'm guessing it must be something to do with dealing such an obscure amount of damage to a large number of units?

I'll try reducing the AoE...

EDIT: I've reduced the AoE, now it works fine, I guess it was trying to compute damage for too many units.

Thanks for your help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.